Silver at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all this talk of migrating goldies,it got me wondering if they had made it this far north.
1497707622_skate_park_17th.jpg

My first night hunt in a while at the local skate park proved the theory had some merit.

:p ....Noice...secret test coming :p Shhh :lol: :Y:
Reminds me it's about time I go have a ride of the new park :cool: :Y:
Any chance Pedrosa Plover and his new girlfriend was around :rolleyes:

Had a great hunt today Ktm, the penny turn out to be 1959, still not sure about the button thing, it's got a little bit of gold plating left on it and the picture is a lady reclining under a couple of palm trees.
Best part was Pat finding that girls pendant and returning it.
How did your cleanup go?

Daggy

HEADLINES Silver Sunday saved by sassy savage season sixpence!
Had a great day out with Daggy,his two daughters and his mate Pat.
While we didn't find a huge amount, Pats find certainly made a girls day ,finding and returning her 16th birthday gold pendant worth over $300.
My first coin was a sixpence ,which made my day for me.
1497781730_18th_6d_plug.jpg

Penny plug
1497781779_18th_june_penny_plug.jpg

1497781859_18th_june_all.jpg

Darren and Pat also found a penny.half penny,Thrippence and a cool pendant thing.

:lol: :Y: :rainbow: :party: :party: A Sweet Silver Sunday there K 8) :eek: ...1920...nice year indeed :eek: :Y: :party:
....Saved by the skin of the sixpence that almost ended in the bin :p :lol:

Nice clean looking coins ktmman,. sweat soil !
20 is cool. :rainbow:
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Nice going ktmann , some nice detecting in the last week , silvers and migrating goldies , must be happy with your efforts over the last year or so. Just the elusive gold sov awaits :p

Danny13 said:
Nice going ktmann , some nice detecting in the last week , silvers and migrating goldies , must be happy with your efforts over the last year or so. Just the elusive gold sov awaits :p
Thanks Danny,might have to check out the next town over as it was established in the mid 1800's
If there is going to be a Sov anywhere,that's the spot for it to be :Y:

Well guys ,today i found a bucket lister I did not even know was on the list :)
Just wish someone would invent the whipper snipper coil as the grass was too high in most of this spot to detect.
All coins found within 3 meters of each other

Dunlop 5 iron,good size for my kids to learn with.First target
1498363890_25th_june_golf.jpg

Second target Brit silver coin spill
1498363962_25th_june_silver_spill.jpg

Brit penny
1498364032_25th_june_penny_plug.jpg

Roo penny
1498364079_25th_june_plug_2.jpg

Coins washed of dirt,very swampy ground so a fair bit of oxidization.
1498364122_25th_june_coins.jpg

Silvers as clean as I can get without zapping them.
1498364353_25th_june_17_silvers.jpg

Nice hunt Ktm, that spot is amazing. The soil looks nice and soft too.
Can't wait to see the silvers cleaned up, the 1888 sixpence looks a bit wounded.

Can't beat English silver, not often you get them in a spill either. Looks like a couple of them might have been cooked up in a fire at some stage, at least the sixpence escaped with the least damage. :Y:

Latest posts