Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And You can tell them all about ' How good it was '..... I really enjoyed being 'Site Foreman' too.... 'Coffee' with the boss.. :beer: and 'Meetings' at the office.. :beer: O:)

One advantage of being close to the Border control line is We can have 2 New Years Eve's....

LW...

Well it's actually happening. They have started to build the first Starship test article at the Spacex site in Boca Chica, Texas. It is assumed that this will perform similar test flights as the Grasshopper did before building the Falcon 9. Admittedly it doesn't really look like a spaceship but apparently it's the real deal. Made from a new type of Stainless steel. The last image is a composite someone made up on Twitter to show a comparison to the artist rendering of the starship.

I put a video at the bottom showing what Grasshopper did. This rocket will probably do similar tests to learn how to control the real version.

1545521894_screenshot_20181223-085708.jpg

1545521894_screenshot_20181223-085731.jpg

1545521895_screenshot_20181223-094622.jpg

1545521990_screenshot_20181223-085743.jpg

1545521991_screenshot_20181223-085800.jpg

1545521991_screenshot_20181223-093917.jpg

1545522053_fb_img_1545520913417.jpg

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/tU1b1H2EWU4[/video]

Im a Sheet-metal Worker by trade and would love to work on something like that.... Can't wait too see it actually Fly in early 2019...
Its going to be an incredible Year for Space Exploration...

A very nice video of the early days of the Falcon 9 too... Thanks Ramjet for posting all these videos up and keeping us up to date with All things Spacey... Champion.. :Y:

Finally we had a launch last night with Spacex and I think everything went as planned, although a very long wait for deployment... You get that when the orbit required is very high..
We all should benefit from these new GPS Satellites as they are far more accurate...

A very Merry Christmas to all the Spaceys out there and May your Launches and Landings go well in 2019... :party: :rainbow:

LW.... ps...'Spaceys' is what Mrs Wolf calls us lovers of all things Space related...... {) :koala:

I saw that last night.... and I believe it is NOT a water tank... I have seen some large tanks and they have to be bolted together not welded... That IS the new Rocket.. I think... ;) :koala:

Question asked ' How many Raptors will power it' ?

Elon answered ... 3 ..... :eek: Those Eagles must be pretty strong... {)

LW...

LoneWolf said:
I saw that last night.... and I believe it is NOT a water tank... I have seen some large tanks and they have to be bolted together not welded... That IS the new Rocket.. I think... ;) :koala:

Question asked 'what will power it

Elon answered ... 3 Raptors..... :eek: Those Eagles must be pretty strong... {)

LW...

OK I believe you. :D

Or it is a nice shiny Rocket Sign to put at the front gate of Spacex's BFR Factory.... Letter box perhaps...

There is a bit of conjecture what it actually is tho...

On the news tonight, people in WA, SA, and Vic saw a strange 'light' in the sky last night... It was the Falcon 9 Rocket on its way to Orbit.... Cool...

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Or it is a nice shiny Rocket Sign to put at the front gate of Spacex's BFR Factory.... Letter box perhaps...

There is a bit of conjecture what it actually is tho...

On the news tonight, people in WA, SA, and Vic saw a strange 'light' in the sky last night... It was the Falcon 9 Rocket on its way to Orbit.... Cool...

LW....

That would be cool to see.

Saw the 'news' last night and now We have the Russians blaming America and NASA for the hole in Soyuz... They are accusing them of Sabotage to get their sick Astronaut home...
This is going to blow up big time and as speculated, could be the beginning of the end for the joint venture.... :(

I wonder if this 'strained' relationship was the reason why Russia wasn't present when the ISS Crew sent their Xmas Message back to Earth... :|

At least Elon has a test of Crew Dragon early January and fingers crossed things go well and he gets the tick of approval to transport Humans into space... As this situation is not good with Russia and the US.... :koala:

LW

Here is the hole supposedly drilled from the inside...
1545869665_ttt.jpg

And an outside view...
1545869886_untitled222.jpg

Funny looking 'Drill' hole from the outside view... The images I have seen it appears that there are 'rounded' edges going in towards the inside from outside... But no hole in the Insulation... :koala:

LW...

Yes wrong knife... I think they could have 'sliced' the insulation instead of 'Hacking' through... But He said after, that every time he went to cut, he was pushed away because of zero gravity, so just hacked away... Lol...

I hope that NASA will cancel the trip up to ISS with the Russians, and go with Elon around March after the Dragon test... The Christmas message hinted at an extended stay....

LW...