SpaceX launches and updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate I'm on to it! :p as soon I can get a few things cleared away...but I'll definately check it out mate...hows the sea dragon thingo 8) :eek: Holy smoke!...a blast line 1mile long....f@@k!...hehe!...I had no idea that such a monster was even envisaged :eek: and way back in the sixties for gawd's sake! 8) . .now that's something!thanks again for posting all that mate...and feel free to post up more as time goes by !..I have bookmarked the utube thingo and i see there appears as though there's much more there so thanks again for posting it up mate..and feel free to post up more as time goes on ... :Y: :Y: :Y: I'll be watching mate...unreal :Y:

The Falcon heavy will have double the thrust and double the lifting capability of any rocket ever flown. With it's 3 Falcon nine boosters for a total of 27 Merlin engines. Now the BFR, (love the name... Big Falcon Rocket), will have 31 SL, (Sea Level),Raptor engines and 3 Vacuum Raptor engines that operate in space. So a total of 34 engines. It will carry 100 people to Mars. On my bucket list is to see a launch live on site.

Interesting stuff RJ, I also follow the progress with interest.
When my son was 4 he stated he wanted to be an Astronaut or a Taxi driver, when he was about 6 he had decided on going with the Astronaut. When he reached early high school he inquired on the possibility of an Australian becoming an astronaut as Andy Thomas had been selected by NASA but was informed that it was an impossibility for a non American citizen so he gave up the idea. He is now 35, a Squadron Leader and XO with the RAAF and has a masters degree in rocket science, if he was born just a few years later he may have actually achieved the goal he set himself at 6 years old.
Watching a rocket launch is also on my bucket list, the Shuttle would have been good but the BFR might be even better.

Went to Florida to watch a shuttle take off, plan on seeing one of these take off too

I have heard that the Tesla Roadster idea was just a joke so I am not sure now. Shame it would have been awesome.

Magilla it is amazing that we have just formed a space agency in Australia. There is word that a launch site will be built in the NT. I guess it will be many years away. Shame for your son but still a very impressive resume he has.

Meanwhile, across the ditch the Kiwi company, Rocketlab will have the second test launch of their Electron small satellite launcher at 12.30 PM tomorrow. It will be carrying it's first commercial Payload being two Dove Pioneer cubesats, providing Earth observations and 1 Lemur-2 cubesat which is a meteorological and ship tracking satelite. I hope to watch it live.

Latest posts