SpaceX launches and updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Image just before touchdown.

1453085483_fb_img_1453084788062.jpg

Elon Musk made a presentation at the International Astronautical Congress in Adelaide yesterday. The changes to the BFR, (Big Falcon Rocket), make it more versatile and capable of trips to mars as well as low Earth orbit missions.

Exciting times ahead.

This is Musk's full presentation.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/tdUX3ypDVwI[/video]

Here is a good summary for those who don't want to watch the full presentation.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/i_3GPpIssV8[/video]

Thanks RJ. That Elon dude is bloody incredible!
Hope I'm still around to watch him succeed in 2022/24 :Y:
An elec eng who used to work for me left us, did an aeronautical degree in the States and joined SpaceX back in the early days.
We met up a some years later at a satellite conference where he gave me a brief of their goals. I pretty much laughed at him/them.
Boy, am I eating humble pie!!!!!

Very interested in this mate..thanks for the heads-up....Wow! we live in an amazing time!..do we not.

yeah mate Iknow and Ihear yer.!...but aside from the sad state of affairs..just about everywhere...the pace of the march of technology is just ..outstanding!
Iwould like to think that Iwould live to see them land and begin the colonisation of Mars! 8)

Now that is vision. :Y: :Y:
Inserting a battery operated car into orbit around a close by planet.
This man is going to go along way and I commend him highly for it.
I hope I am around long enough to see a colony on Mars. :cool: :cool:

reefer said:
Iwould like to think that Iwould live to see them land and begin the colonisation of Mars! 8)

Don't have to wait long. SpaceX plans to launch to Mars every 2 years. The Earth and Mars are closest every 26 months so this is the time to launch. First missions in 2022 using the BFR and first humans in 2024. By comparison Nasa doesn't plan to send humans until 2032. It is assumed by many that the SpaceX timetable will have delays so maybe humans on Mars in 2026.

I could bore you all day with details about SpaceX and space travel in general. :p There are rocket launches into orbit almost every week and I have an app that let's me know of all launches. Next year SpaceX plans to have more launches than all other companies combined with 30 launches.

This is a shortened version of Spacex BFR to Mars mission.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/GWQ0jBKH36Y[/video]

Until the batteries go flat. :lol:
This is going to be one of the most exciting
things to happen for a long time.
Almost as exciting to sit and watch the Moon landing.
Nearly the whole entire school sat and watched that broadcast.
I remember it well.

Exciting times indeed Tath. The re landing of the first stages has been a huge milestone. I watched the first successful one live, (as I do with all launches if I can). When they nailed it I jumped out of my chair, gave a yell and a fist pump. Scared the life out of Mrs Ramjet. :D ;)

Can't wait to see the BFR launch.

Absolutely fascinating stuff!...mind blowing!...bring on 2024-6 is all I can say!...oh! and thanks mate for the insight into the modern world of rocketry...if there's such a word :p ..I was looking for a distraction...from the very deep hole I dug! for my self :rolleyes: no pun intended on the 'dug ' bit... ]:D ..and this was just what the doctor ordered :Y: :Y: fantastic! :cool:

reefer said:
Absolutely fascinating stuff!...mind blowing!...bring on 2024-6 is all I can say!...oh! and thanks mate for the insight into the modern world of rocketry...if there's such a word :p ..I was looking for a distraction...from the very deep hole I dug! for my self :rolleyes: no pun intended on the 'dug ' bit... ]:D ..and this was just what the doctor ordered :Y: :Y: fantastic! :cool:

I might be a bit obsessed by it all reefer. There are dozens of good videos on youtube about SpaceX and the other companies.
Nlue Origin is another company doing cool things with rockets.Owned by the guy wjo owns Amazon.
Skylon is British company with s truly unique concept... a space plane that takes off and lands like a plane.
The Kiwis are testing small size launch system as well. Plus all the big countries... China, Japan, India etc.

Have a look at the Tesla truck and Roadster 2.0. Will blow ya mind.

Latest posts