Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't found a Florin for trucking ages,... who has it turned up that loud anyway, everyone else was having tea and watching tellie so I could only have half volume on the laptop,.. it was like you were whispering it RJ,... Mrs silver was five metres away and could not even hear it when I looped it over and over and over again for her(like 30 times).

My laptop has very Low volume so I don't hear it. Also the camera on the detector doesn't pick up very well in the waterproof case. I will definitely listen before I upload any more. God knows what bull dust I'm saying to Rocket in my shift work stupor. :8

Your are often in auto mode Rod, sleep detecting shillings, and florins. I reckon that screaming silver woke you, with a massive start lol

I only just found the top half of that Lesney horse truck the other week, and now you have found the bottom half, what are the chances of that happening? ? Sweet florin by the way. :)

Goldpick said:
I only just found the top half of that Lesney horse truck the other week, and now you have found the bottom half, what are the chances of that happening? ? Sweet florin by the way. :)

Ha ha. That's funny. A while ago I posted some of my finds including a full key, half a key and the top of a cricket stump. The part the bails sit on. Another member found the same day... a full key, half a key and the bottom of a cricket stump. Weirdness.

Gotta love it when the grandson runs in and the first thing he says is "Hi Pop, I want to go metal detecting". So over to the local park for an hour. No great finds but we had fun detecting and playing on the swings and stuff. :D

1428739062_20150411_175308_copy.jpg

And here is my latest Mega movie production.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/KpHdZjCxdMU[/video]

Nice Vid R R

Must be sore on the Knees
How do you do it with out Knee pads
I have already a scar from The beach from kneeling down straight
on a piece of glass lucky it was sand and not hard turf so not a great scar
Its amazing the crap people leave on the beach

Cheers

I was on the BBs today as well, good to see that you scored a florin, I scored a 1943 penny but gave it away to a nice fella that showed a bit of keen interest in what I was doing, he might end up swinging as well one day,... even though he never said anything, I recon he's already hooked. Good vid once again RJ.

Haha when detecting is bordering on being a contact sport, kids they just wanna know what treasure is down there. I'm always like Mr nice guy on the outside and seething on the inside. Another fine production Mr Ramjet, great share.

Goldtarget said:
Haha when detecting is bordering on being a contact sport, kids they just wanna know what treasure is down there. I'm always like Mr nice guy on the outside and seething on the inside. Another fine production Mr Ramjet, great share.

I don't mind the kids. Enjoy teaching them. Some of the adults on the other hand.... I was saying to Mrs Ramjet this evening after an encounter in the park that they come up seeking information but then tell you everything they know about detecting/fossicking. The guy today was a classic. He knows there is gold in the Hunter Valley because he has a mate who shoots ducks and has collected a vial full of gold from their gullet. 8) :lol:

I carry around a piece of trampoline pad, to kneel on. Still, my knees cop a hiding, have trouble standing-up the next day.

I'm forever reaching for the goldies I'm sure to have picked up for the well behaved ones. Must have shouted the better part of $100 in the last year or so.

Haha people just come up with the most random things when your scratching around. .. Your story here is very familiar! I can get quite impatient and impolite when hearing about the guys brothers bosses nieces flatmates primary school teachers dog walker that is the greatest detectorist in the land.
That's why I come to pa to hear stories, not while I'm out coin shooting and the sunlight is fading. I've found headphones and a visable lesche does wonders but I cant stand those persistent pains that insist you hear about God knows what. Worse than doing deliveries at a nursing home.
Love the videos mate that tripod is working a treat. When that 23 comes out instead of 33 we will all be able to share!

Some times it's the adult talker that wants to sus you out a bit before they spill the beans on a truly great adventure for you, or get you to find their lost treasures at their home,.. they will always want to see what sort of person they are dealing with before they truly open up to you.
I think that's just human nature.