Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Low and slow pays off again, well done. Your collection must be overflowing with florins by now, need to locate a few hard to find crowns. ;)

And another short hunt before it got too hot. Love going back to old spots and picking up what others have missed. The half penny, penny and pocket watch winder were all pretty deep, 25cms or more. Barely a whisper on the At Pro and no depth showing in Pin point mode. But the clear, quiet tone was enough to get me digging. Must be getting ok at this lefty digging... I can scratch coins with either hand now :8

1455247682_img_2016021255957.jpg

Speaking of sore and almost sorry,.... did my left shoulder a bad turn the other day, and the right one nearly went out in sympathy,... had to be careful on my own retrievals today,... so I'm really able to empathise with you at the moment RJ with the phisical pain of detecting. :( :eek: :( :eek: :/ :eek: :D

Too much sunshine and too much whipper snipping,.... I never thought you could do too much of that,... but,..... you can, believe me. :eek: :D
getting better quickly though now,... amazing how restorative a bit of a rest can be. :D

New diggers arrived today so of course I had to go test them. I went to a spot where it's damp and easy to dig with my sore arm and it's more bush land than urban so digging plugs is ok. The longer digger is great for cutting plugs and the T handle of the smaller one was easier to manage in my left hand.
First coin targets were a couple of pennies and a Prefect badge stuck to a half penny from one hole and after I took the pic I pulled another penny out. Nice little spill. All roo pennies, mostly from the 40s and 50s and only the one 1924 commy penny. No silvers today but they must be there..... next time. I did get a silver plate spoon, (EPNS). It would have been nice once. I tried a set up of Bluetooth and it has a slight lag but swinging slow it worked OK apart from the battery dying only a coupe of hours in. These are the first pics from a light box I've been tinkering with. Not happy with it yet.

1455692106_20160217_120831_copy.jpg

1455692106_20160217_151405_copy.jpg

1455692106_20160217_172527_copy.jpg

1455692356_p1010057_copy.jpg

1455692106_20160217_174844_copy.jpg

I like the ligjt box idea RJ. We gunna see some real classy pics from you soon aye. :p :D

That's what we all need,... the perfect shot every time,... good onya RJ. :p

Should call you RogerRooJet with all those pennies. :D Nice set of tools you've got there, and I really like your light box for the piccies, damned hard to take good clear pictures of coins sometimes. :)

Latest posts