Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wally there is a bowling club nearby. Maybe the owner visited there.
Ivo. Yes been looking at info on the pendant. Also says October 1916. Rocket found this info .... http://premium.delcampe.net/page/it...O-FANTERIA-MOTORIZZATO-MD1720,language,E.html

And I found this... The 116th Italian regiment was part of the 'Treviso' brigade and fought in some of the important battles in the Alps. I think Oct 1916 commentates an important battle the regiment fought in which would be the Eighth Battle of the Isonzo, October 1916.

I think the medallion you have is later than that and is from WW2. The regiment became motorised in WW2 where it was part of the 62nd Semi Motorised Division. As with most Italian units of the N. African campaign it was wiped out a few times, once at Bardia by the Australians.

Treviso that's where my parents are from monte grappa actually where the main front line was in ww1 and ww2 my uncles were part of the partigiani (the resistance)some of the stories they told me when i was young would make your skin crawl. I'll ask my dad he was in the mechanised dev while he was in the military service early 50s ill see if he know any more info

How cool is this

1427884754_image.jpg

Started out the day's detecting at Rocket's pile of dirt. Difficult to detect as it's all random piles of dirt and turf with a lot of trash in it. Still managed to find a 1916 shilling. We soon moved on to park that we thought should be a good producer. I still think it has potential. While detecting we could see and old building across the street that looked like an old hall of some kind. We discussed the merits of detecting the footpath outside. Only minutes later a gentleman came over to us and said he owns and is renovating the building. With no prompting from us he said we could detect inside the yard. It didn't produce the hoard we hoped for but I got 2 pennies. The yard was really trashy. He also showed us around inside the building. It has what was once a library attached at one end which has burnt down. He said we could detect in but it was full of scaffolding ad 4 foot high weeds.

So back to the park for a while longer. My best finds were the first and last of the day. First was the shilling and last an Australian 150th Anniversary medallion from 1938. A cool find. The 1912 penny is my oldest penny find.
Info on the medallion can be found here.... http://collections.ncc.nsw.gov.au/k...&QueryPage=/keemu/pages/nrm/nmuseum/Query.php

1428296993_20150406_150101_copy.jpg

1428296993_20150406_150109_copy.jpg

1428296994_20150406_150139_copy.jpg

1428296994_20150406_150151_copy.jpg

Nice hunt RJ,... like the silver 1916 shilling,... and I've never seen that medallion before, it's a beauty.

8:40 minutes,..... with wine,.... well spent(ha), great to watch you on vid RJ,... very relaxing, right to the chase each time, good quality vid(pixels), great field of view, nice methodology,.... was right there with you on the pointer retrievals,... good coin shots(could follow up with numeration editing of the years and values maybe next time),... can't wait for the next one already !

Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

Thats how its done.....great work RJ on method, technique etc.

Very good editing skills also (are you using Windows Live Movie Maker?).

I like your ability to keep your eye on the spot to dig after general pinpointing with the AT Pro, stepping back, placing it down on the ground and then moving in with hand held pin-pointer right to the spot.

I used to lose the spot often only by taking my eyes off for a second when placing detector down.

Cheers ;)

Thanks Meta. Just started using Power Director. Complicated. :8
I had a good laugh at your comment about pin pointing. More like good editing. You don't see all the times I had to pick the detector back up to re pin point because I lost the spot. You also don't see when I've actually dug a hole and found nothing so had to detect again to find I'm several inches off 8.( I try to spot a leaf or some other feature. If I remember I put my pin pointer or digger on the spot before I set the camera down. Really just starting. Need to check the sun is behind the camera so I don't get dark areas. All a learning curve.

Latest posts