Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brutus and me said:
if its anything like deadliest catch, wicked tuna etc it is 1 camera guy with instructions to film, nothing but, they are not there to help.
if it was set up by the producers its pretty poor form

That is true they are not to help unless it is a life and death situation, serious.... :Y:

LoneWolf said:
If Minelab Don't sponsor your show, how come at the end of their Adds they say.. 'As used on Aussie Gold Hunters' .... And I have never seen a minelab add on TV except on your show ????

LW....

Hi LW, I expect that they had the advert made especially to place alongside Aussie Gold Hunters on the Discovery Channel. This advert is the same one that they used during broadcast last season.

Are there not Minelab peeps on this bulletin board that can jump in and verify this too? :)

Otherwise you'll have to take my word for it that NO ONE, nor any COMPANY sponsors Aussie Gold Hunters!

Regards

Diana

producer said:
LoneWolf said:
If Minelab Don't sponsor your show, how come at the end of their Adds they say.. 'As used on Aussie Gold Hunters' .... And I have never seen a minelab add on TV except on your show ????

LW....

Hi LW, I expect that they had the advert made especially to place alongside Aussie Gold Hunters on the Discovery Channel. This advert is the same one that they used during broadcast last season.

Are there not Minelab peeps on this bulletin board that can jump in and verify this too? :)

Otherwise you'll have to take my word for it that NO ONE, nor any COMPANY sponsors Aussie Gold Hunters!

Regards

Diana

Thanks Diana.

As I said.... Minelab cashing in on the Aussie Gold Hunters. Not the other way round. :D

What would you expect. ???
Aussie Gold Hunters is an Australian Produced Show. ???
I am willing to bet, MineLab would have paid a ransom to have their
product advertisements produced and shown alongside with
Aussie Gold Hunters.
Because by default, MineLab Detectors are the best design for
our Country's high mineralisation and are an Australian product
As Dianna has stated, They do not sponsor the show at all.
They are paying for the advertising rights back to Foxtel for
the privilege.
And as for the crew filming the poor bloke e who got ransacked. ?
If any one remembers the Amazing Race. ? A vehicle rolled over
pinning a person underneath.
The Camera crew were not allowed to interfere to a point
and half the contestants just drove past.
Some contestants stopped and helped and a pair of them came last.
They were given a pass to start again with no penalty.
That is all what it is all about.
A reality show.
I am also willing to say that all that is shown is not as it should be to
protect the privacy of the people who are being filmed.
And that makes it interesting plus worth watching to a world interest.

Minelab would be mad not to put up adds during and after the show. There are a lot of people who watch the show and know nothing about detecting or which detectors are best for gold nugget hunting.

I've got quite a few mates that are fascinated by the show but have never held a gold detector in their hands.

Nightjar said:
Heatho said:
I've got quite a few mates that are fascinated by the show but have never held a gold detector in their hands.

Rest my case!

Most of them think of it as a bit of a mystery that would be a great way to "make money", when you explain to them though that they are probably already making 5 times what someone would make gold detecting they are just into the show as a bit of an escape from the real world.

So don't worry Nightjar, I doubt you're going to see many families from Northern Sydney out there driving around in their Porsche Cayennes, BMW X's series and Mercedes SUV's, detecting over peoples leases. :lol: Though it is possible. ]:D

I just watched ep 1 of this series as I have the others tapped. Just noticed that screeching (arghh) Christine and Greg have new green detectors. Couldn't make out what they were. Anyone know.
I find it strange as they didn't have any money and a poor season. Were they sponsored? Just asking
I enjoy it apart from her screeching

GT :)

Heatho said:
Nightjar said:
Heatho said:

Rest my case!

Most of them think of it as a bit of a mystery that would be a great way to "make money", when you explain to them though that they are probably already making 5 times what someone would make gold detecting they are just into the show as a bit of an escape from the real world.

So don't worry Nightjar, I doubt you're going to see many families from Northern Sydney out there driving around in their Porsche Cayennes, BMW X's series and Mercedes SUV's, detecting over peoples leases. :lol: Though it is possible. ]:D

Not that there is many leases here in Victoria, but we are getting almost exactly what you sated in last sentence here! :eek: 8.(

Im having trouble watching it,its so staged and fake,the poachers,the ramsacked van was hard to watch.
Agree with nightjar and they are rolling in thinking you step out of the car and its laying everywhere,know one bloke whos been watching it from interstate,never found gold before but raced over here and bought 2 leases,locals took him for a ride :rolleyes:

Swinging & digging said:
Heatho said:
Nightjar said:
Heatho said:

Rest my case!

Not that there is many leases here in Victoria, but we are getting almost exactly what you sated in last sentence here! :eek: 8.(

We just had old mate from QLD in his jeep camped on our lease boundary and sneaking about,ditto......

Bazz said:
Thought the question of sponsorship on AGH was answered 25 odd posts ago :eek:

Doesn't anyone read this stuff anymore :mad:

well excuse me for fergan breathing. Nickers in a knot are they you angry man.

ps

they didn't have them last year and as they are broke, where did they get them? Fairy god mother? hence the questioned posed in light gesture.

Thanks Tath for the news on what detectors they were.

love the show we are lucky to have an aussie based gold show so stop picking on it or just change channels I also love gold rush yes things are set up but who gives a damn watch it for what it is Come on AUSSIE :p :lol: :Y:

goldtruck59 said:
Bazz said:
Thought the question of sponsorship on AGH was answered 25 odd posts ago :eek:

Doesn't anyone read this stuff anymore :mad:

well excuse me for fergan breathing. Nickers in a knot are they you angry man.

ps

they didn't have them last year and as they are broke, where did they get them? Fairy god mother? hence the questioned posed in light gesture.

Thanks Tath for the news on what detectors they were.

:N: ]:D

Latest posts