Outstanding forum here!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm gobsmacked at the quality and quantity of finds people have found on this forum. It's truly astonishing. Fantastic wealth of information also and the willingness to help complete strangers is second to none :Y:

Well done to you all!.... :)

I know this is sensitive but what were the reasons for these long time members to be resently banned ? :/

Ridge Runner & Lone wolf .

Most disputes could have been sorted out with firm diplomatic rhetoric before zapping people .
These guys were here for years ! What happened please ?

:rolleyes:

I didnt realise that the OP has been here for ages.... sorry about that, I was sort of corrolating recent events...
Oops!

Outback said:
I know this is sensitive but what were the reasons for these long time members to be resently banned ? :/

Most disputes could have been sorted out with firm diplomatic rhetoric before zapping people .

It would be better to send one of us Mods a PM for this sort of query. Short answer... They broke the rules and suffered the consequences. Not just once either but after repeated warnings and there was plenty of "diplomatic rhetoric." Also remember that not all bans are permanent. Sometimes people just need a time out.

I hope that answers your questions.

PS you hijacked someone else's post with an off topic post. Just saying. :D

Ramjet said:
Outback said:

It would be better to send one of us Mods a PM for this sort of query. Short answer... They broke the rules and suffered the consequences. Not just once either but after repeated warnings and there was plenty of "diplomatic rhetoric." Also remember that not all bans are permanent. Sometimes people just need a time out.

Thanks for the quick reply Ramjet , good to see you said why they got banned , a PM for that query would not have informed the members of why .
So well done Ramjet having the guts to answer clearly :Y:

Jack .

Outback said:
Ramjet said:
Outback said:

Thanks for the quick reply Ramjet , good to see you said why they got banned , a PM for that query would not have informed the members of why .
So well done Ramjet having the guts to answer clearly :Y:

Jack .

There are no secrets here. You are correct in that other members may be interested. These types of questions have sometimes turned nasty as members not knowing the whole story start to arc up at we Mods. Shrug. Such is life.

Peace

Outback said:
Wow ' that's a great answer !
I'm impressed with your come back Ramjet .

:)

I am so glad you approve. :D :Y: :lol: ]:D

Honestly there is no conspiracy here. We moderators are just keen members who love the hobby, the forum and it's members. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional or pushing their own agenda. As I stated earlier... we would prefer to NEVER have to edit or delete comments and certainly do NOT want to ban anyone. We do what we think is best for the members. That's it! Nothing more.

I sometimes think we are too lenient and let things go too far before taking any action. No matter if we are soft or hard... Can't please all of the people all of the time.

They'll be back soon if they want to come back. The good thing is that most stuff here can be worked out with a few messages or even a phone call.

Meanwhile, thanks heaps upside. I know I've learnt heaps from the great people on here and try to give back whenever I can from my limited knowledge. :Y:

Hi I have just joined and looking for Maps of Queensland for fossicking for gold can anyone suggest where i might be able to get them ...
Cheer in advance

Simmo said:
I didnt realise that the OP has been here for ages.... sorry about that, I was sort of corrolating recent events...
Oops!

New (ish) member I am.

Amazing amount of finds folks on here come across.

Won't be much left for future generations :D

Latest posts