Great to finally join!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It is really a pleasure to finally become a member of this forum, which I have followed, just as a guest, for three years now, learning heaps from the priceless information so generously made available here to everyone by all the members, the very experienced ones as well as the beginners.
A little about me: Italian born, lived for 9 years with the love of my life, my wife, in Perth; went back to Italy with her where we lived (and are still based) in a 1870s cottage on the shores of a mountain lake for the follwing 9 years; were blessed with the arrival of a beautiful son who is now, yes... 9 years old, but luckily we were always able to come back to the magical Australia once a year (in the May - September period) to come visit my wife's parents, of Italian origin.
I have been a metal detectorist for many years, but, living in Europe, obiously just of relics, mainly coins and WWI artefacts.
But 3 years ago I got the "gold bug" and begun to dedicate my detecting efforts to gold prospecting (of course in Australia): bought a new GPX 6000 and had so far a good couple of winter seasons in Queensland, specifically in the Warrick area (Glendon and Carbean Rd) and the Clermont GPAs. Thanks to the help of some experts whom I was lucky to meet and who were so kind to share some of their knowledge with me, the precious information obtained reading countless posts on this forum, and (why not?) perseverance and luck, I found gold on nearly all trips, my best example so far being a 2 gr specie found in Clermont (which my son called "Bluey").
As of now, I am in Brisbane with my family and am planning a trip to Clermont in a week's time, where I will stay for about 10 days.

I look forward to finally participating to this forum, and to perhaps meet some of you in person, whether on the field or in Brisbane, for a cupper or - even better - a good pint!
Thank you for your time dedicated to reading all this, and above all thank you so much for having me in this fantastic forum!
Cheers
Frank

Benvenuto, Alpinista!
Thank you for such a great introduction. We look forward to hearing more and hopefully seeing some of your exploits in the Queensland goldfields. Good luck out there. 👍

Latest posts