Sam - New Member

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Great to be here. I'm Sam. From Tassie. Living in Sydney and just about to get my second gold detecting machine. My first one was a QED Pl2. I did about a day worth of detecting in 2021 then gave up after finding bottle caps and junk travelling to random locations then got rid of the machine. Now I have that gold fever feeling or whatever it's called again so I got another QED. One of the new ones. I found a bargain deal I couldn't pass up on and I just want to learn, find gold and have fun hopefully. I desire to go to the goldfields somewhere near Bathurst NSW. I wouldn't mind woody's custom SD2000 mod to hunt for the deepest gold one day after I learn my QED but I don't even know if the SD2000 is the best for deep gold anymore after reading some other moddifer in VIc says the SD2200d is best for deep gold lol... I'll look at this maybe in the future haha. I've done over 150-200 hours of reading forums, watching youtube videos etc in the last few years to learn about this hobby. Hopefully I can find some new mates here and go somewhere from Sydney to gold prospect as I don't have a car at present.

Hey everyone. Great to be here. I'm Sam. From Tassie. Living in Sydney and just about to get my second gold detecting machine. My first one was a QED Pl2. I did about a day worth of detecting in 2021 then gave up after finding bottle caps and junk travelling to random locations then got rid of the machine. Now I have that gold fever feeling or whatever it's called again so I got another QED. One of the new ones. I found a bargain deal I couldn't pass up on and I just want to learn, find gold and have fun hopefully. I desire to go to the goldfields somewhere near Bathurst NSW. I wouldn't mind woody's custom SD2000 mod to hunt for the deepest gold one day after I learn my QED but I don't even know if the SD2000 is the best for deep gold anymore after reading some other moddifer in VIc says the SD2200d is best for deep gold lol... I'll look at this maybe in the future haha. I've done over 150-200 hours of reading forums, watching youtube videos etc in the last few years to learn about this hobby. Hopefully I can find some new mates here and go somewhere from Sydney to gold prospect as I don't have a car at present.
Hi Speedo, great to see you here on PA. I’m up in SEQ and find myself hours and hours from any gold or fossicking areas. However, I practice a lot in the parks and streets around town. It’s really amazing what you can find. I fill very large coffee jars full of my findings and give them away to my partner and my kids for birthday presents. They love the pre-decimals, odd bits of jewellery and other treasures I turn up. You get to practice tuning junk out and depths of targets etc, all the stuff that helps you when you hit the fields. It can be frustrating at times but if you consider these outings as important lessons for the future it kinda makes it fun. My cheap Kmart detector has paid itself back well over 100 times, my gpx5000 has a long way to go. I’m still learning on it. Good luck on your hunts and please let us know how you go.
Regards - Mr Tee

Latest posts