NSW Bushfire advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto to all the well wishes that have been expressed. Doug hope you as with all others stay safe and have your homes to return to. Anything I can help with simply give me a call
:Y: :Y:

I and my family at OK and are overnighting in Tura Beach.
I do not know of the situation and \I have grave fears that our house will not be there when \I get in tomorrow.
I was going to stay and defend the house but the wind turned and I knew I was in Deadmans land.
Then I heard the fire coming.
It was a tree topper or crown burn.
I got the heck out of there just as the trees in the street started to catch fire.
We are quite safe and thanks to all of you for your words of support.
I will update as soon as possible.

Well look at that!...I post and submit and Doug comes in and beats me to the post!...So pleased for you that you are all safe...chin up mate... :Y:

Tathradj said:
I and my family at OK and are overnighting in Tura Beach.
I do not know of the situation and \I have grave fears that our house will not be there when \I get in tomorrow.
I was going to stay and defend the house but the wind turned and I knew I was in Deadmans land.
Then I heard the fire coming.
It was a tree topper or crown burn.
I got the heck out of there just as the trees in the street started to catch fire.
We are quite safe and thanks to all of you for your words of support.
I will update as soon as possible.

So so sorry to hear this.
At least your okay. :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Really got my fingers and toes crossed for you Doug. It's going to be a very difficult day for all the residents of Tathra tomorrow.

Thinking of you mate.

Take care of yourself and family Doug, was a relief to see your post. As ridiculous as it sounds your house is just a house, no offence just a mind set I have post Black Saturday. These events are troubling time's emotional and economical. If there's anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask.

Fingers crossed mate. In a run in with a fire if you still have your life afterwards you've done ok all things considered. Hopefully the blaze spares your property and those of your neighbors.

Aww crap.....cyclones, and fires.
I'm wishing you all the best mate, having to evacuate is terrible, as you have to wait to find out the out come, I know how you feel, as do many. Hope you are OK Doug. I'm really glad you made the decision to leave mate, I can tell you after the other day, if I get a cat 4 or 5 cyclone, I'm out of here.

Far out, says on tv "70 homes destroyed in Tathra" I know fires are terrible unpredictable things and it's sad that it'd gotten so out of hand for the fire fighting infrastructure/ability on hand. Feeling for all of you down there !

Just heard the news so glad your safe and we hope you havent lost too much. Try not to stress things you cant change . Also to any of our other members who may have been affected by these fires or any of the other disasters that seem so common at the moment. Stay safe people ( glad you got through ok Dave).
Jim

Latest posts