My Nokta Fors Core Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never having heard of Nokta till I joined the forum, I was wondering what the difference is between the Core and the gold Nokta and what depths has it indicated down to? Cheers, The gold is on my shortlist -)

The Core is aimed at turf, and sand, but should be handy in the goldfields. The gold is the otherway around. Depths, look at youtube vids, but I get coins past 30cms easily, with standard coil.

Short hunt with RJ this morning. He broke the atpro, so he went home. An old park failed to produce, so we hit the sand. I found 1 dollar, and a stainless ring...my first beach ring. Stopped at a park on the way home, for a few bucks, and what I thought was a silver pendant. No markings, except OROTON. I ran the Core in DI3, with sensitivity 85, ID mask 35. It ran perfectly, and hitting foil at over 40cms in wet sand. I couldnt get to the hard packed, to test it out, was almost high tide.

1444965854_20151016_135304-1.jpg

1444965912_20151016_135249-1_resized.jpg

Some of my oldest pre-decs have come from edges of river banks, so there is always hope in snagging a few. What's the round copper "coin" on the left of the pic? :)

Bit sad in a way. The lady in her 60s, was selling it for her mother, its a family heirloom. I told her that its a shame it wasnt passed down, and kept in the family.

Digger Danny said:
Hey Rocket, are you into clocks or is this just something you liked, are you a collector of anything ?

Cheers, DD

I have 5 antique clocks. I had larger collection about 10 years ago, it was a hobby back then....restoring them, selling one, or two, and buying more. Think I had 30 or so, but sold most of them, to help with a home loan deposit. Recently got interested in them again :) They have lost alot value since I was collecting.

Latest posts