My Nokta Fors Core Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only 1 goldey the others that have been there must only be chasing the shallow ones and most of the junk. Another good haul Greg well done.

Cheers, DD

Nice work, It's a wonder the other fella had anything left to dig going by what you guys have cleaned out of that site. ;) Though should be some silvers left if you are still hitting on those larger coppers, were those coins deeper less obvious targets on previously detected ground, or just in a different area of the "honey hole"? :)

Rod was working areas that we had neglected. I was walking lines, up and down, over previously detected turf. Reckon there is alot more there. I should switch the Core into a deeper mode, and see what pings. Been getting lazy, and using DI3, which is the shallowest mode. Most pennies we found are at 25 to 30cm.....wonder what is down over one foot?

Hey Rocket, what sensitivity setting are you running it at and do you use the ground tracking? Curious as Narrawa has said they are high gain machines. Amachris i went with the fors core and it will be out of the box and detecting within battery recharge time when it arrives :cool:

The headphones, supplied with the Core are stuffed. The wire has broken inside the plastic, just before the connector. I knew this would happen eventually, the headphones are just to lighweight/flimsy for the job. The leads are thin, and are not coiled, when I opened the box, that was the only disapointment. Infact, that is still the only disapointment :)

Owen from CWPS has offered to replace them, but they are not worth the cost to me, to send them back....as the new ones will fail the same way. I am going to contact Nokta, and put the problem in their lap. In Australia we have consumer laws, protecting buyers from goods purchased, that turnout to be unfit for purpose. I will update the thread with their response.

Sandta said:
Will be interesting to hear how you progress
If you get a reply you will be miles in front of Minelab aust

Make use of the dept of fair trading, if it goes pear-shaped mate :)

Does the CoRe give a reading of 82/83 for a $2 coin? The Fors Gold does and sadly so does a lot of other junk... bottle caps, brass ring, Large metal bolt and an old superglue tube to name but a few. A lot of brassy stuff. The bottle caps are the most annoying as they are abundant where I live.
Pretty hard to walk away from a potential $2 coin when your coin shooting.
I put them all side by side(ish) to see if I could differentiate the sound, but man there's not a lot in it, pretty much sound the same thru the built in speaker.
Gets rid of ferrous junk good but on the $2 coin signal is annoying digging junk. I tried BST mode (which you don't have) and DI3.
C

Yep, 82/3. A coin will usually have a smaller field of detection, and the rusty caps will sound dirty. But I end-up digging them anyway, you cant be sure!

Yes, alot of signals come into a narrow range of IDs, but they do on every machine. One thing, that better machines do, is give a better indication of target identity. My xterra was better at identifying junk targets, than my garret ace350 was. I am digging less junk with the Nokta, than the xterra.

Thanks Greg, I'm just digging them all too, but about 10 rubbish to one $2. :) Still, getting rid of the iron and foil (always been a solid 47) is handy.
C

The xterra with the nel hunter will give a 30-32 id on a $2 loud and clear but on a bottle cap same id no ,but as move away from the target a breaking of the signal towards an iron grunt sort of noise
I still dig them just to be sure but so far 100% audio id on bottle caps
Does the fors give that same sort of break to the audio as you move from the target?

DI2 goes deeper than DI3, general mode is even deeper. Not sure how conductive mode, compares to the other 3.

Went exploring today, found what was left of an old creek bridge. Its long grass, just a couple of metres of low grass to detect. Pulled out 4 old sinkers, but no coins. Not too far away I found the other goodies, the 1908 thrip is in good nick :)

1444376209_20151009_173418-1.jpg

1444376270_20151009_173427_001-1.jpg

Latest posts