My Nokta Fors Core Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1800s area hunt today, Ramjets stomping grounds! Some cool finds for both of us, love my minie ball, was a first, and my first whistle, complete, in pieces, and with pea, and made by melbourne wire works. The brit penny, beat my oldest coin 1863, by 3 years...1860 :)
1445925855_20151027_161233-1_resized.jpg

1445925919_20151027_153415-1.jpg

rocketaroo said:
The headphones, supplied with the Core are stuffed. The wire has broken inside the plastic, just before the connector. I knew this would happen eventually, the headphones are just to lighweight/flimsy for the job. The leads are thin, and are not coiled, when I opened the box, that was the only disapointment. Infact, that is still the only disapointment :)

Owen from CWPS has offered to replace them, but they are not worth the cost to me, to send them back....as the new ones will fail the same way. I am going to contact Nokta, and put the problem in their lap. In Australia we have consumer laws, protecting buyers from goods purchased, that turnout to be unfit for purpose. I will update the thread with their response.

Well, Owen from CWPS offered to replace the headphones, or put a decent cord on my broken ones. However I wouldnt expect they would last, the very light construction of the unit will fail, they are not fit for purpose. I exchanged emails with Nokta themselves, and requested that they supply me with a set of better quality/fit for purpose headphones. They were not forthcoming with my request. So....instead of dragging it out, and taking this to fair trading, I decided to buy a set myself, that is robust enough for the job. It was going to cost me 10 bucks to post these shitty ones back, a bad investment. Got some 1980s low use phones from ebay, 20 bucks posted, with volume control each side. Robust, work great, and with a proper cord :)

Generally I wouldn't stick with headphones supplied by manufacturers, they are usually budget offerings at best, even the Minelab supplied KOSS headphones have their issues with cable strains regularly failing, why they haven't seen fit to use right angle plugs is beyond me.

Surprisingly, my cheapy RPG headphones have outlasted most of my other headphone sets. :rolleyes:

I only really use headphones when gold detecting, some of the PI signals are so subtle it really helps. Only ever use them urban detecting with the CTX at the beach to block out the sound of the waves.

Pretty sure I'm not missing targets because I don't use them either, there is either a beep or not for me with treasure hunting VLF's.

Each to their own but that's the way I detect, I hate headphones, especially during summer.

Goldpick said:
Generally I wouldn't stick with headphones supplied by manufacturers, they are usually budget offerings at best, even the Minelab supplied KOSS headphones have their issues with cable strains regularly failing, why they haven't seen fit to use right angle plugs is beyond me.

Surprisingly, my cheapy RPG headphones have outlasted most of my other headphone sets. :rolleyes:

The ear cuff padding kept falling off my standard Garrett set. Not good quality.

Ramjet said:
Goldpick said:

The ear cuff padding kept falling off my standard Garrett set. Not good quality.

Those particular headphones look like a throwback to the 70's, I have the same for the Infinium. About time they move into the 2st century. :D

What ID number does the 3p show on the screen? You guys must have good coin collections :cool:
C

I forget, to be honest I hardly look at the numbers. Not getting the time, or energy to detect, now that I work 5 days a week......loosing my mojo :(

Latest posts