My Nokta Fors Core Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see your finding things with your nokta fors core, my mate and I just purchased two nokta fors gold from lost treasure in Brisbane. Pretty much same machines so really keen to get out and give them a go, first time users
Good luck and hope to hear more on your progress :D

stinkypete said:
Great to see your finding things with your nokta fors core, my mate and I just purchased two nokta fors gold from lost treasure in Brisbane. Pretty much same machines so really keen to get out and give them a go, first time users
Good luck and hope to hear more on your progress :D

let us know how you go :)

705 required me to swing lower, slower. Using any discrimination with the 705, led to signal degredation. Nokta works very well with plenty, and a much faster swing possible, faster reactivity. The 705 went deep with 10.5 concentric DD, the nokta goes just as deep with the slimmer oval shaped standard coil. 705 felt bottom heavy with that coil, nokta is really well balanced.

Digger Danny said:
A bit of good info Rocket, was the up grade worth it?

Cheers, DD

A little bit of new toy syndrome maybe, but I feel that I had maxed out the potential of the xterra. To me it is an upgrade, and for not alot of money. The deus wouldave been the bigger upgrade, but the cost just didnt look worth it, when the nokta comes close, and a hell of alot cheaper, considering the price, and 3 coils you get.

You should be in sales Rocket
I'm pretty keen to up grade just need a few more goldies and rings and I'm there
Then I've got to make up my mind wether the Racer or Fors core both look like good machines and I haven't read a bad word yet on either

I prob wont buy a new detector now, until something comes out, thats better than the ctx/deus, and is on par price wise. I think the racer will prob outsell the core, because of the "in your face" screen. We should consider the racer, or core entry level machines, with longevity. Both are switch on, and go, and will also be efficient enough, for when newbies become experienced users.

Quick swing at the beach today, with the big coil. Was high tide, and I was only finding foil, until I tried a cutaway area. Found these fairly quicky then, the harmonica reed gave me encouragement.

1443752302_beachy.jpg

I've never really had a great beach hunt, sometimes have done ok but.... Always seems to be slim pickings even around here. Might give it a bit more of a go this summer when they get a bit busier.

Certainly feels like we are in for an early summer, that means lots of coin & jewellery drops at the beach! Especially when they hit the water and find it is at brass monkey temps - rings dropping off everywhere. :D

Seriously though, the ground is fast becoming dry and hard around here & snakes are becoming a more common sight. The beach is fast become a more attractive proposition (if only it were a bit closer for me). :(

Sweet, another florin - let me guess, 1947! :D I've noticed there have been very few 925 florins found so far this year, hopefully we can get into a few before the year is over and out. ;)

What's the battery life been like on the the Core so far Rocket, or is it too early to tell? :)

getting two long hunts from a set of rechargables. Would be much better if I used headphones. I need to buy some small headphones, as I dont like using the big spongy ones, that cover the ears completely.

Latest posts