My Nokta Fors Core Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went back to a honeyhole today, with the idea of finishing it off. RJ decided that staying home, cuddling his missus, was better than detecting with me, in the icy wind, and wet rain! One of those hunts, where you spend as much time in the car, waiting for showers to pass over, as you do detecting. I didnt get enough time to finish it off, but found some goodies, and it was worth braving the elements for. Found a cool 1800s penny token, Thompson and Milner of NZ. It looks like this:
1443073836_images-5.jpeg

Pics:
1443073907_windy3.jpg

Good hunt for a wet cold one(rather a beer like that though ,... if I had too ! :eek: ),... your into those thrips just lately RKT,.... must have your ear in mate ! :D

Not sure if its a Nokta or a Deus, cant imagine using a detector much better :) Had to applaud it today, 2 rusty nails in the hole, one with a lead washer on it, and a halfpenny, it wasnt a bad signal either, just bit jumpy.

These fast recovering detectors are pretty handy in the junk. On the weekend I pulled two targets from the same hole, one being a half penny, the other being a rusty nail, only signalled on the coin with the iron volume turned off. Nail was pinpointed first, coin was down deeper. ;)

Hunt with RJ today, we tried a 1840s site, was three hours wasted really, no pre decs, nothing good. I did find the hammer from an old cap gun, but I gave it to the owner. Next site we found the odd pre dec, but the finds were far, and few. The watch looks silver, but unmarked, definately old, but prob just costume jewellery.

1443420405_2015-09-28_15.47.42_resized.jpg

Latest posts