My First Impression of the new SDC 2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question to PT ... not sure of your detecting style, scrubber/hover? Any sign of wear on the swivel area, not sure how many times the unit I saw had been used but it was noticeable (ML Mitcham unit I think).

Question of Wolfau .... there was a detecting club listed as being at Rockbank, know anything about it ???

Thanks guys, Tom.

Teemore said:
Question to PT ... not sure of your detecting style, scrubber/hover? Any sign of wear on the swivel area, not sure how many times the unit I saw had been used but it was noticeable (ML Mitcham unit I think).

Question of Wolfau .... there was a detecting club listed as being at Rockbank, know anything about it ???

Thanks guys, Tom.

No I don't.

Go for it teemore I decided last week im gping to get the sdc 2300 for sp many reasons. Mainly size and performance. :|

PhaseTech said:
Just a business name at this stage, an identity if you will.

I noticed in the video that the signal tone seemed to overlap itself (wobbly) I'm assuming this is due to the fast recovery of the machine, but man! it sounds weird..

Awesome vids.. Now i want one!

As impressive as it looks the last thing I need is another detector that can't do everything' I'm going to be a fence sitter and wait for some small depth tests on targets under 0.1g, 0.05g and maybe 0.02g. I know I can pay for a GMT or Gold bug 2 on small gold but if the SDC 2300 can't beat those by twice the depth I personally couldn't pay for a $4000 machine by just going over my old patch's.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
As impressive as it looks the last thing I need is another detector that can't do everything' I'm going to be a fence sitter and wait for some small depth tests on targets under 0.1g, 0.05g and maybe 0.02g. I know I can pay for a GMT or Gold bug 2 on small gold but if the SDC 2300 can't beat those by twice the depth I personally couldn't pay for a $4000 machine by just going over my old patch's.

I don't mind the odd bit of small gold, but I'd rather a big slug, I'll spare my credit card for now also..

Hmmmm being released tomorrow, soooo tempted, even if I don't like it I could re-sell it in a few months................... Waterproof, no ground noise arrrggghhh this too much to think about now. :)

Well, there should be a heap of units hitting the goldfields this week, so reports from other users will surely be coming.
Here's another video I did in some more mineralised ground at Jupiter Creek. Some of the locals will surely recognize the spot ;)

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/YwDznic6hng[/video]

Great clips, good to see some gold popping out of our local goldfields. Am guessing you are East of Golden point, heading up towards the Phoenix Mine?

Got to see one up close and personal the day they were launched at NQ Miners Den, extremely lightweight, very quick to pack and unpack.

A lot smaller than I thought it was going to be packed up, but it folds out to the same size as my other detectors.

It would easily fit in a backpack and its waterproof to 3 metres so rain wont affect it if the backpack got soaked.

It would make a great unit for those really hard to get to places you have to go in on foot for.

George sold his first one the day he got them in stock someone was at the door waiting for him to open up.

We should see a lot of these hitting the goldfields. :D

gcause said:
You will notice I didn't walk out the door with it. I never buy version 1 of anything. :D

Good to hear , notice the identical looking anti-mine model offers a vibration handle !

Biggest question is what depth the SD 2300 will NOT be able to signal bigger nuggets ? :/

Outback said:
gcause said:
You will notice I didn't walk out the door with it. I never buy version 1 of anything. :D

Good to hear , notice the identical looking anti-mine model offers a vibration handle !

Biggest question is what depth the SD 2300 will NOT be able to signal bigger nuggets ? :/

Haven't tried it yet but I doubt that mate. Basically it is like running a 5000 on slightly faster timings then smooth with tracking going and a 8" coil on. Which will still get big ones , it's just better at tiddlers. Combined with the anti emi abilities , I think it will easily pay itself of in a few weeks detecting.

DD

Diggerdude said:
Haven't tried it yet but I doubt that mate. Basically it is like running a 5000 on slightly faster timings then smooth with tracking going and a 8" coil on. Which will still get big ones , it's just better at tiddlers. Combined with the anti emi abilities , I think it will easily pay itself of in a few weeks detecting.

DD

I've got a lot of respect for you DD , when you get yours try testing it to see what the cut off point is with bigger bits , have a gut feeling is only set for very shallow little bits just like the military version is to detect the small metal parts within plastic land mines . :8

Latest posts