My First Impression of the new SDC 2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
I'm pretty sure the ATX draws a lot more power. We were stopping for lunch and doing an hour top up, then another full charge that night. The charger came with a 12v adapter for car use also. I'll be getting a spare set of batteries soon, just in case.

I've only had 1 battery warning so far and that was with a set of Energizers running out after about 8 hours. The supplied batteries are great, so far....

I found my first nugget right before sunset, a good 4 hours detecting after lunch time top up.

Hi Heatho - had been searching to an answer to the power consumption in relation to other PI's & found this:

New patents on SDC2300 technology:
Minelabs Knowledge Base said:
"Near instantaneous pulse induction transmit waveform switch-off. This also allows for high power efficiency compared to normal pulse induction and thus lower battery power consumption."

Thought it might be of interest to explain the 6v rather than 7.2v, 8.4v, 12v etc.

mbasko said:
Heatho said:
I'm pretty sure the ATX draws a lot more power. We were stopping for lunch and doing an hour top up, then another full charge that night. The charger came with a 12v adapter for car use also. I'll be getting a spare set of batteries soon, just in case.

I've only had 1 battery warning so far and that was with a set of Energizers running out after about 8 hours. The supplied batteries are great, so far....

I found my first nugget right before sunset, a good 4 hours detecting after lunch time top up.

Hi Heatho - had been searching to an answer to the power consumption in relation to other PI's & found this:

New patents on SDC2300 technology:
Minelabs Knowledge Base said:
"Near instantaneous pulse induction transmit waveform switch-off. This also allows for high power efficiency compared to normal pulse induction and thus lower battery power consumption."

Thought it might be of interest to explain the 6v rather than 7.2v, 8.4v, 12v etc.

Ahhh that makes sense, good find.

Araratgold said:
PhaseTech said:
Trying to keep it under 100. That connector aint cheap.

Nenad,

That's great, considering the flexibility it will give users !

Cheers,
Rick

hi rick
they work great mate, using a booster/speaker with the 2300 is fantastic, also good with the koss 80's for extra lead length.
although for those that want to play in shallow water will still need to use the supplied headphones.

p.s... judging by the amount of shallow holes just north-west of your place on that old patch of yours running up the "hill", you have been having fun with it, good onya
regards trashy

trashmagnet said:
Araratgold said:
PhaseTech said:
Trying to keep it under 100. That connector aint cheap.

Nenad,

That's great, considering the flexibility it will give users !

Cheers,
Rick

hi rick
they work great mate, using a booster/speaker with the 2300 is fantastic, also good with the koss 80's for extra lead length.
although for those that want to play in shallow water will still need to use the supplied headphones.

p.s... judging by the amount of shallow holes just north-west of your place on that old patch of yours running up the "hill", you have been having fun with it, good onya
regards trashy

Gidday Trashy,

Looking forward to trying a booster / speaker. Have ordered the booster from Gold City Detecting and just waiting now for Nenad's lead ! I hate headphones, and always use a double speaker setup on my 5000.

If the holes were filled, it was me, if not, it was someone else ! Only crumbs to 0.1 grams, and a million birdshots ! I haven't got to all of my old spots yet due to work.
Heading to St Arnaud / Stuart Mill area Monday for 3 days to try one of my old patches where I found a lot of fine reef gold. Got some big slugs up to an ounce but also lots of tiny fragments of reef gold, so should be perfect for the SDC. :)
I'll let my partner cover the patch with " her " SDC !!! LOL while I go walkabout with my 5000. She loves it now I have modified it to make it easier for her to use.

Cheers,
Rick

I used my adaptor lead with my preferred Technics headphones (sound much like thee TD80s).
Running Sensitivity 2, I rechecked several faint responses on the speaker, and couldn't get a peep on 3 signals. 2 were nuggets.

First arvo - lead city! The 0.24g bit came late in the day and saved what would have been my first skunk with the 2300.

1407542934_30_to_1.jpg

Second arvo, different spot, much prefer these odds! 2.82 grams. Biggest 0.94, smallest 0.04

1407543027_8_to_6.jpg

PhaseTech said:
I used my adaptor lead with my preferred Technics headphones (sound much like thee TD80s).
Running Sensitivity 2, I rechecked several faint responses on the speaker, and couldn't get a peep on 3 signals. 2 were nuggets.

First arvo - lead city! The 0.24g bit came late in the day and saved what would have been my first skunk with the 2300.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3149/1407542934_30_to_1.jpg

Second arvo, different spot, much prefer these odds! 2.82 grams. Biggest 0.94, smallest 0.04

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3149/1407543027_8_to_6.jpg

From Mt Crawford?

Latest posts