My At Pro Coin finds for 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow awesome Two Victoria 3d's :eek: :D Nice finds.Cool to find one of each head(younghead 1838-87 old head or jubilee head 1887-93)

We're away again in the van and staying at Mt Gambier. I love staying in parks even though most of the time we free camp. BUt while I'm in a park I'll get out the AT Pro and have a swing. $18.00 in one's and two's today and the park manager even told me where to go for the best result. As we spoke he told me about the pipes but I assured him I wouldn't get anywhere near that deep with my digging tool and screwdriver. "If its over 3" deep its too deep to get" I told him [but sometimes I might have to dig a little further. But he was happy and wished me well.] Towards the end of the day he came back to check the progress. Nice guy! And that was only from 2 rows. I'm going to enjoy staying here. And no one's touched this place with a detector.

GP, I'm in Pine Country. As I said here for 10 days so we'll have to catch up at some stage, be good. Rocket, I'm onto it mate, haven't got there yet. Only been here 2 days but its on the list. I'll let you know how I go.

Hey Rocket, checked out the laundry area. no good mate they've paved the area. What good is that? But I'm doing ok over the rest of the place. 9 coins today, 11coins yesterday, I think the Mrs has tallied up about $45 in the last week. not huge but hey, I'm on holidays.

Getting closer to paying off the Pro!

Another god day at the caravan park. 16 coins, 11 li'l brown buggers and $7 in goldies AND my first real wedding band. A 325 gold ring - beautiful sparkling gold coming out of the ground as if it had just been polished at the jewellers. Who says there's no gold in caravan parks!

Another good day in the park again. 29 coins, $9 in 1's and 2's, a 7coin spill totalling a whole 75cents, and those little brown sods topped the pops again. But its great to have something to do here in MT Gambier, even if it is only getting some hrs up ready for the annual goldfields trek.

Yes R, I love my Pro. Its so easy to use. Still cant overcome the bottletops, alum screw tops etc but hey, gotta take the good with the bad and enjoy the spoils. I loved the coin spill today, 7 coins totalling 75cents, and the wedding ring yesterday. These caravan parks are a great opportunity once you get inside them.

Hi tassie daz. With the bottle tops (steel ones) turn on iron audio. It will give a small grunt b4 & after in your sweep. 82-85 with a grunt either side of the high tone. Hope this helps. Ally screw top read 75 no matter what you do. Simmilar to goldies. Keep up the good hunts. Cheers.

Thanks Dave. Yes I did know those Id's and unfortunately the 75 fits right where the $1 comes so I dig 'em all.

Here are the proceeds of 8 days at the Pine Country Caravan Park. Lovely little park, quiet and close to the centre of town. The tally for the stay is $78.79 [Already Mrs TD has used $8 for the washing machines] 143 coins in all.........Gotta luv these van parks!
The unusual fines are the fantastic gold ring which came out of the ground just like it is in the piccie, a small silver locket that may or may not be silver and a German 2 Pfennig. Oh, and a half a ton of bottletops, alum screw top and crunched up alum cans.

I'll do separate piccies of the ring, locket and pfennig.
Hope you like the piccie.
1472532516_20160830_140206.jpg

Congratulations on the gold ring, looks to be plenty of good stuff lying around caravan parks. Certainly makes for a cheaper stay with all those goldies. :)

You're might mate. I judge the CP by the amount I can "recover" to offset the park's fees. Mind you this was an auction and for 10days I think it only cost us about $160 anyway, so its a cheap holiday. If you live over the back fence, so to speak of the other park, maybe a casual stroll might be worthwhile. I'll send you a message about the "hotspots".

Latest posts