My At Pro Coin finds for 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Heatho, hey, I checked with a jeweller in Mt Gambier and asked the retail price of a ring like it.........$650.00. Wow that's amazing! Some poor sod had some explaining to do I'll bet.. But I do know the feeling. I was fishing at Elliston on the west coast of SA and while I was up the jetty on night catching 90cm snook, I wiped my hands of all the slime from the fish and accidentally wiped the ring my wife gave me, right of my finger. [well I think that's what happened. Boy I had some explaining to do!]

Tassie Daz said:
Hi Heatho, hey, I checked with a jeweller in Mt Gambier and asked the retail price of a ring like it.........$650.00. Wow that's amazing! Some poor sod had some explaining to do I'll bet.. But I do know the feeling. I was fishing at Elliston on the west coast of SA and while I was up the jetty on night catching 90cm snook, I wiped my hands of all the slime from the fish and accidentally wiped the ring my wife gave me, right of my finger. [well I think that's what happened. Boy I had some explaining to do!]

That's quite an expensive ring then, great find. Bummer you lost yours though, amazing the types of things that contribute to lost jewellery.

A great day today, with only a few finds but a good memory. Finally my son, [he's 42, but still my little boy - older dads will understand] got a decent detector [an AT Gold] and so we headed to the fave place for a swing. We were there about 2 hrs and met up at the end for "show and tell". Stu had a pocket full of bottle tops and junk WITH his first Britannia penny. Its a bit worse for wear, dodging the mower a couple of times, but a 1903 Brit penny none-the-less. My tally was only marginally better with 1x$2, 1x$1, 1x2c, and 2x Threepences, a 1908 and a very worn 1800's Bunhead I Think. Will have to give a clean to see if I can get any details. The bunhead is only just barely visible.

Yep, special alright Rod. He's lived away for many years and finally come back to live near us. Will spend many hrs swinging I hope.

The Ultimate find.............................a new detector. Many of you will recognise I have finally come to my senses and bought a new detector. I'm in Dunolly and a couple of days ago my ATX seemed to have died. [Well that's what I told Mrs TD] So she said well you cant be here for 6 weeks and waste that whole time so you better go find a detector you can use. [NOw that's my girl] So I waddled off to Coiltek and Goldsearch and "Bless my soul" Gold search had a GPX 4500 that was only 8 weeks old for sale.............not for long. So folks now I am a proud owner of a MINELAB. Lets see if it will find GOLD any better than the ATX I had.

I am on a tag-along tor tomorrow with Coiltek.......wish me luck !

The detecting course with Coiltek was a great experience with a bunch of fellow diehards, instructor included. The course was a bit of a letdown I have to say, because it was a lot on telling and not a lot on teaching. The day started with an hour or so, in the class room at the back of the shop, talking about the settings and functions of the machine, and then it was off into the field. Now I know most of us just want to get the wonder stick into our hands and go find gold, but some of us want to know what to do with those wonder sticks when they scream their heads off and wont shut up. That's what happened to me the very next day. Using much of the same settings off I went into the great Aussie bush, and try as I might this new machine, for me, wouldn't allow me a quiet threshold. Oh, don't worry, a couple of really nice guys who were camping in the same camp site as us, put me straight and the thing behaved. Still no gold, but I'm having a BLAST!!!!!!!!!, and with every signal I'm expecting a nice little surprise. Till it happens, This is TD.

Bugga & Beauty Tassie, hope they're jumping into your bottle soon enough mate ! :D

Me too Silver. The good thing is that the 4500 is now sorted and I love it. Unlike being a Garrett user in isolation, I am now able to communicate with so many who have a ML. I didn't think of that when I bought my Garrett, but support from everyday users is really important, it can be the difference between conquering a machine and languishing in that spot where you do the time without any return. And while I haven't scored with the ML yet [have only had it a week or so] I feel a whole lot more confident I will than I did 2 weeks ago...........

Maybe that's something to take into account when buying a new detector. What support you really have........

1478223482_20161103_191440.jpg

nice little piece of GT gol

Latest posts