My At Pro Coin finds for 2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Hunt another Coin or two.
Went to my Fave place today for another swing and thought I'd found all there was to find, BUT NO! I'd been there a while and the mandatory grotty 5 cents saw the light of day..........and then another. A "lovely" button a couple o other bibs and bobs, and then the find of the day......well my day anyway, a 1908 Britannia Half penny. A mate for the Britannia penny I found some time ago.
1460366298_optimized-dsc08263.jpg

1460366298_optimized-dsc08264.jpg

Great hunting Tassie, perseverance pulls PD, That's still a good outcome when you thought there should be none ! ;) 8) :D

Another couple of hours at the fave place again and no 1800's coins but a few decimals and a 1911 KGv Threepence. Its a bit gunked up so I'll post a piccie when I clean it up, but not too bad for a place that I was going to advertise. The tiny 4" coil has made all the difference in this junky area, separating the targets. I've been amazed at the targets that have been produced from spots that I had hammered before with the big coil. Just goes to prove that having just one coil limits one's ability to find all the targets. [And the tiny 4" coil slows me down which isn't a bad thing either.]

I'd not advertise at all Tazzie, others will cut your grass before you can load the batteries, and not just the place you say, but all round it, you keep it to yourself mate, and reap the rewards well. ;)

Yep, you're right Silver. I craps me off when people on here demand GPS coordinates for gold finds. Get off your butts and find your own finds. AS far as relics goes, all people have to do is read, but some would rather leave it to someone else and cash in on dropped hints. I reckon there's a word for that.

Gotta get in early Tassie and dig all them worms hey ! ;) ;)
Happy hunting. :D

When the weight of expectation crowds in we have a place to bolt - a bolthole if you will. So last Tuesday, without warning we hitched up the van and shot thru. [Ought to happen more often I reckon but......]
Anyway, off to that beautiful, tranquil, secluded place without power and water just us and the wildlife.....oh, and the other free campers who this time nmbered many over the six days.
Maz took her books, and her stitchin' [embroidery and quilt panels] and I took my trusty AT Pro metal detector. For 5 of the days I swung and rested and then swung some more and with the detector in coins mode, the sensitivity flat out, and armed with my plug shovel, I attcked the said locality. And it gave and gave and gave.
The coins included 13x$2, 12x$1, 28x2c, 32x1c, 1x5c, 2x10c, 2x1/2p [1949 &1929], 2x1p [1951 & 1964] and 3x Florins [1962, 1952, 1951]
The final tally was 95 coins and some other interesting stuff that if you have an idea about what they might be I'd be really happy to hear your comments especially the propellor. There was a PSASA badge, earring, charm, a rodeo buckle centre [I think]
So here's the piccie! Hope you like the stash.
PS. No comment on where yet as I havent finished with it.
1463297204_20160515_161237.jpg

Great going Taz, a trio of Florins too ,... we might need a close up 8) of the florins, and all your questionable ones 8) so we can see them really well to help you in your ID endeavours ,.... your really ripping em out hey ! :cool: :D

Well done Taz
Ye dont give away your hole just yet
Im sure there will be more to come out it by the looks of that lot

Sandta I've been going there for over 2 years and every time I go I can bring home 20+ coins. Its a great place because its been used for the last 60+ years. And honestly, it seems no one has really organised themselves over a few days to grid the place.[I talked to one guy today who said he just goes off on his "Walk of hope" and I think we can all admit to doing that] Well this time I did organise myself and this is the result. 15 of the coins came from one spot under 2 giant gum trees an area of about 10m x 15m, including one of the Florins.

Yep, Ramjet it was a lot of digging. Each day for 4 - 6 Hrs and a huge amount of bottletops [ID 76 falls into the $1 range (Pro ID)] so you have to dig them all. I probably left a lot of 5c because I didn't dig anything in the ID 50's unless it was screaming.

I'll take a photo of the florins when I can clean them and the individual badges and the propeller.

Wow, what a great find Daz :)
Yesterday, my partner and I went out gold panning for the day......got a couple of specs of gold but nothing to rave about but I got a little excited as it was my first find :)
Need to get myself a gold detector I reckon :)

Gunnadoo, Only last year I found my first piece of gold after crevicing and panning. I took some of WalnLiz's great tips and actually applied them and out of a tiny crevice just north of Dunolly came two tiny specks of gold, gold, gold. They are now pride of place in my office in the tiny plastic display case. Why? Because it was the first gold I'd actually found using that method and it proved to me that the process actually worked.

As an aside, it amazed me just how golden gold actually shines in the pan with just a little bit of sun on it. You really cant go past that Golden, Amber, Yellow shine in the pan, no matter how small it is.

G, I responded here as I couldn't send you a message yet.

Thanks fellas. I am in the process of trying to clean some of the baked on grott off many of the items. The most insignificant I thought may be one of the most valuable. The round "charm" appears to be a Jewish medallion of some sort and what I thought was flakes of gold left behind is now the gold underneath. With my fingernail I've managed to expose some of the gold but I've put it back in water to try to soften it up. The badge cleaned up ok, the rodeo belt centre hasn't changed much and the propeller hasn't either. show them all to you soon.

Latest posts