Minelab SD2200 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having your 11" and the mini ufo id say you have that segment pretty covered . If and when you think you need more coils i would look at going to something in the small coil range 6-8 inch , to help on small gold.

Just my opinion , the 11 is the best to learn with for now anyway :)

1438605083_image.jpg

Hi All,
I have a sd2200d which has been fine since purchased new many years ago. Today I powered it on and it's making a constant beeping noises. It has not been used regularly so I am wondering if this is battery related issue or whether I need to send my unit for repair.

No its been stored inside [under bed lol] at all times & never had any water issues. It was fine a couple of months ago when last used. Has had little use due to work commitments.....disappointed as just started some well earned holidays....

Clean the contacts and check the batt with a multimeter if you have one to see its outputting what its meant to

Hopefully a simple fix and you will be on your way instead of waiting for repairs :/

500 aussies made a millionare from your detector the 'internet stats' say..wow

Power it up without the coil connected. If it doesn't make the beeping then most likely the battery is worn out.
If you have a multimeter, measure the battery voltage with no load(not connected to the detector). It should be between 6 to 6.7v.
Then measure the battery voltage with it connected to the detector, with a coil, detector turned on. The voltage should not drop below 5.8v as this is where the low battery warning is set to. Typically it will drop only a small amount, 0.1-0.2v when load is applied.

If you don't have a multimeter, try your nearest Jaycar store. I'm sure they would be happy to test it for you. They also sell replacement batteries.

Sounds like a flat battery to me. Charge it as per the manual and try again.
Process of elimination.
Start with the simplest things first.

has any one tried the Coiltek ELITE mono 11" or 14" inch on the ML SD2200D thinking of buying one so any tips would be appreciated mainly used around central west NSW.
cheers

I haven't tried the Elite on a 2200, but they struggled with the standard mono's except on mild ground, so i'd take a guess and say it'd probably be worse with these new generation coils as they are more sensitive. But, I too would be interested if anyone has tried one.

:/ ...are they making them with the 4 pin plug to fit??? GPX series use 5x pin plugs so unless they make 2x versions, you may have to butcher it to make it work anyway...

Gypsy

Latest posts