Minelab SD2200 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PhaseTech said:
All sd gp gpx use 5 pin for the coils ;)

:8 ...yes you are right...i was confusing the battery plug (due to my own recent battery issues) with the coil.

Thanks for clearing that up PT... ;)

Gypsy

PT...to a degree, in so far as i 'can' still go detecting, it's just not optimum as it could be and will be when i fix the enhancers up.

Thanks for asking... :D

Hey Vic ,no success on me 3500 wailed and moaned like a mother in law that just caught you drunk an naked peein in her rose garden ha ha'
two lead targets were positive but you would never hear the quiet ones, swapped to ol faithfull 11 " commander dd and pinged two small bits ;;;bugger , might go the dd pro elite if I can track one down; do intend to try the nugget finder but spose it will be similar cheers Jed :)

Mungass said:
Hey Vic ,no success on me 3500 wailed and moaned like a mother in law that just caught you drunk an naked peein in her rose garden ha ha'
two lead targets were positive but you would never hear the quiet ones, swapped to ol faithfull 11 " commander dd and pinged two small bits ;;;bugger , might go the dd pro elite if I can track one down; do intend to try the nugget finder but spose it will be similar cheers Jed :)
I got a NF 14" Advantage mono to try on my GP3500 & it wasn't real flash either (I still need to double check it on another machine - may be a coil issue?). Put the 14" Coiltek DD Pro Elite on & it ran great. The spot I tried I'd always considered fairly tame too but in saying that had only ran GPX in fine gold or SDC there previously. I do tend to think though that unless your working fairly mild ground it will probably be the case with older Minelabs with any mono & probably more so with the newer more sensitive ones. Any advantage in using a mono could be lost in the extra noise so I think I'll be sticking to DD's now on the GP. I did use a NF 14"X7" Advantage mono on my SD2200D regularly but couldn't leave it on everywhere.
Waiting for some news/feedback on the new Detech 15" "Ultimate Spiral" DD coil - sounds the goods
http://www.detech-metaldetectorsaustralia.com.au/

Mungass said:

thanks for the update Mungass think i might give the Coiltek ELITE mono a miss.

PhaseTech said:
I've got a spiral dd I'm trialing. Did a bunch of tests, my 14"dd pro is on ebay :cool:

It looks and sounds like a great coil according to their website. Are you testing that coil on any older sd or gp series machines or only on Gpx series ?

That's an impressive coil, almost makes mono's obsolete, unless you need the rim of a coil to push under bushes and the like.

OK i only hav a $1200 budget to play with at present
Just about to pick up a hardly used SD2200V2 for $800 with std 11"dd (had my mind on a Makro Gold Racer for $975 ish ) But thought the older V2 probly a betta Gold machine to (play with) testing latest coils and new filters Hoping to get her to run reasonably Deeper than our SDC2300

So has anyone tried any of the latest crop of new type coils on these slightly older SD`s which it seems most people use DD`s to make`m quieter in hotter ground

i plan to head to the GT a bit

cheers Dave

Latest posts