Minelab SD2200 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my 2200 is not back from Minelab yet and we leave in 13 hours.
Just finished hooking up and packing the camper trailer.
Just the meat to cryovac.

I have a choice of being Mrs. Redfins pick bitch or lending the FIL's 2k. Think I'll choose the latter and wack a big DD on it.
Early morning starts then cold cans, cricket and the yabby nets.
and the weather not too shabby either.

1386740299_wea.jpg

What about hiring a 4500 or 5000 for a day or two for a play. Goldsearch and Coiltek usually have them for hire. dams at wanyarra - yabbies!!! keep an eye on the 'chaps' at the camping ground and your nets!

Thanks Loamer, we don't camp at camping grounds, always manage to find a nice spot hidden from view.
I could ask FIL for his 5K but he usually joins us for a day.
Tell the truth sometimes just sitting in the bush, doing sfa and listening to nothing is nice.

Well got my 2200 back yesterday, can't wait to get back to Dunolly.
At this stage looks like DEC 26 for 4 days.

The dozers have been busy widening a few track, thus opening up a bit of new ground.
Will be better when the grader goes over. Easy detecting in the gullies.

1387345801_dozer.jpg

as a bonus was given an 8" mono.
Not a mono fan on the 2200 but should be able to control this one.

1387345887_8_inch_coil.jpg

Loamer if you read this I may be going mad but i swear I saw a deer near Blundells paddock.

Sure you and Mrs Redfin had not been having a few too many frothies? Was it being chased by a big black cat or yowie? Seriously though - a few years ago they culled over 41,000 deers across the state so they are about.

Q. What do you call a deer with no eyes?
A. No idea.

Q. What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?
A Still no idea.

Q. What do you call a deer with no eyes that's having sex?
A Still no fxxxxxxg idea.

Hey Redfin if you can handle ground balancing a lot that 8" coil could be your new fav coil mine never comes of the 2100

Redfin said:
Well got my 2200 back yesterday, can't wait to get back to Dunolly.
At this stage looks like DEC 26 for 4 days.as a bonus was given an 8" mono.
Not a mono fan on the 2200 but should be able to control this one.

I will be most interested to hear how the mono goes on the 2200 in the triangle. (pipe-clay does not count Redfin!!)

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Hey Redfin if you can handle ground balancing a lot that 8" coil could be your new fav coil mine never comes of the 2100

I have the button mod so always ground balance on the fly.
as in
1387350978_snapshot2012-06-1122-19-02.jpg

Very good' I fit one to the 3000 before I sold it speeds things up alot.
The 8" never left that either!

Hi I am a complete Newby to this game got hooked after my mate bought a 5000 and in no time I found a 2200v2 in orange ( 13 hour round trip from canberra)

I am after every bodies opinion on their preferred settings for this machine.
I realize it is not the latest technology but was all that I could afford.

Thanks in advance for your time

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhbJBJS9PI[/video]
[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc88pm9Cl4s[/video]
Have a look at these mate.
I used to run my SD2200D as follows:
Rear panel
Channel - Both
Threshold - differs to suit but ran mine usually about 1 o clock
Audio/Boost - N (Neutral)
Tone - to suit individual
Tune - as required
Front panel
Tracking - Fixed (flick back to tracking to ground balance then back to fixed - the auto track button mod is worth considering)
Iron discrimination - All metal
Level adjust - only important if using discrimination or operating in tracking. The video above explains it better than what I can write here. When in tracking though I kept it between 11 o clock to 2 o clock depending on ground.
Probably got one but just in case you haven't. The manual:
http://indiannationsdetectors.com/files/SD2200v2.pdf

Thanks mbasko I had even thought to look on YouTube.

Sorry but it's time for what maybe a stupid question is the auto ground balance button the same as the auto track mod you mentioned?

Cheers red fin! Not to confident in carrying out modifications but will definitely try and chase up prices for someone to it.
I have being looking for a secondhand enhancer can you recommend a certain brand or are they all much the same thing.

Thanks again

My 2200 came with a signal enhancer but i haven't been using it as it made the whole sound seem alot more muffled if that makes sense?
Also does anyone stay in "tracking"?
Sorry for thread hijack hopeless.
Reeko

There ya go Hopeless, negotiate with Reeko, he dosn't use his. DETacc is a good one that comes to mind.

Reeko I personally do not use tracking as the ground I usually work in changes that much that it is gives me more confidence to
ground balance often as I see/hear the landscape change.

Reeks said:
Also does anyone stay in tracking.
Most use fixed but Doug Stone shows a great tip if using tracking. Immediately when you get a signal flick over to fixed that way a target signal won't get tracked out. If you stay in tracking & repeatedly move the coil over a small target signal it may track out then you will most likely dismiss as ground but could be a small nugget.

Enhancers:
Detacc Super Sound 4 pin or headphone jack (make sure if getting the Minelab connection type it is 4 pin for the SD series)
B&Z booster
Vktek amplifier / speaker combo
Reeds Lucky Lark audio amplifier - if you can find one
For wireless audio, booster & lipo battery Minelab Mods "Little Ripper" - also if you can find one.

Reeks let me know if u want to part with yours.

Mbasko thanks for taking your time to give all the advice much appreciated will definitely give it ago.

Hello all,
Does anyone have any recommendations for settings on the Sd2200d the detector is also modded. Searching in quartz and ironstone ground, looking for advice on best settings to use.
Coils I have are, supersearch 11" DD, GP extreme 18" DD And Coiltek mini Ufo 17"x10". What coil is best.

Hope someone can help me out.
Thanks

Latest posts