Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wintersnake said:
Wolfau said:
Ryan27 said:
Does any one know how the 7000 will go on the beach?

Using a PI at the beach is not that easy. I have used several PI's in the past.
Be warned and get ready to dig those pesky hair pins, metal screw caps,
tent pegs along with many other different types of targets.

Yep i'll second that. Stubby lids are the worst they put out a real good signal and don't seem to have carbon in them?
I've pulled about $20 in coins over 2hrs on the dry sand, the good stuff is in the water in the gullies next to sand bars.
Use a e Trac or a 30 30 and you won't have That problem

Araratgold said:
jarrahrules said:
bushpig said:
Hi all,

George from NQ Miners Den took the GPZ out over the weekend and did a small write up. :D

http://nqminersden.com/portfolios/minelab-gpz-7000/
This is from a dealer I'm afraid to say it but they won't bag out the machine they sell. Especially from what I hear the 7000 isnt that good.

Not exactly rave reviews coming through, and at least two battery / charger problems I've heard of already.
Considering the small number of units out there so far, that would represent a high failure rate !

Would like to see some " real " tests done against a 5000 with similar coils. All the glowing reports have come from vested interests so far !

I'm still about a week away from getting my first unit, then will be able to supply some feedback, warts and all !
If it doesn't perform per the glowing reports from vested interests, my second machine will then be a brand new 5000, since I still have a heap of gear for it.

Cheers,
Rick

Hi Rick.
I know of a person who put his name down for one but know is going to buy a combination pack of a new 5000 and a 2300.
Only non bias reports will tell.
JR

I'm.new at detecting so don't count my word as gospe. I bought a 7000 And tested it with a mate who owns a 5000 and is very experienced at detecting. We found that I picked up everything in general mode and he had to flick though fine mode and normal mode to pick up what I could! After the test we did I'm not sure about the 40% claim but I believe it's better than the 5000

Big Nugget said:
after finally charging the batteries I could withstand the itch no more so I let myself loose in the yard with the new super bipa today burying .01g split shot at about 6" :8

it is well built but is a bit like ikea to assemble for a backyarder like me :rolleyes:

will field test on some real ground over the next few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRsz7KgWFzY&feature=youtu.be

cheers ;)

Sorry, But do you mean 0,1 or 0.01 because I have A Test Piece that is 0.03g and nothing Not even My Pin Pointer will pick that up??

Thanks Mate John

Ridge Runner said:
Big Nugget said:
after finally charging the batteries I could withstand the itch no more so I let myself loose in the yard with the new super bipa today burying .01g split shot at about 6" :8

it is well built but is a bit like ikea to assemble for a backyarder like me :rolleyes:

will field test on some real ground over the next few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRsz7KgWFzY&feature=youtu.be

cheers ;)

Sorry, But do you mean 0,1 or 0.01 because I have A Test Piece that is 0.03g and nothing Not even My Pin Pointer will pick that up??

Thanks Mate John

.1g, #6 splitshot - lol.

go on then john, get the pin pointer back out of the rubbish bin, its ok ;)

sorry mate. my bad.

I spent 3 and a half hours testing it today. I tested it against my 4500 with 12" and 16" NF monos. At first I wanted to pack it up and go demand my money back! I had a break and started fresh. Not going into the laborious task, but in the end I equate the 7000 running like my 4500 in Sensitive extra or maybe normal with a lot less noise in the really tough ground I tested it in. My test pieces were 10g,15,27 and 83g. The ground was so tough that nothing could get any or even all bunched together at 18"! Once I was satisfied I'd done all I could at this stage(still lots to understand with the 7000) I took the 7000 to an old patch I had worked over very hard picking up 20 odd tiny pieces, all < 1g. There were a few shotgun pellets pick up too originally.
The result was a pocket full of 4-6 shot pellets and 3 bits of gold. All the shot was in the ground down to about 2" and the largest nugget was at 8" and clearly missed by the 4500, because there were 2 detector holes right near by. I'm sure the 4500 could have got this piece in sens extra but there is no way you could persist with the noise and you would have missed a lot of the original pieces as a result. Do I think it's worth all the extra $? The jury is still out at this stage!
1424776429_img_5113a.jpg

largest 2.55gm

grubstake said:
Wintersnake said:
Could it be that the super D coil is the biggest upgrade difference ?

And is a Super D coil compatible with GPX detectors?????

I reckon it won't be long and the coil builders will bring something out like the super D for the gpx series.

JR

grubstake said:
Wintersnake said:

No - the GPZ is completely different technology (ZVT). The Super D coils aren't compatible with GPX detectors & traditional PI coils aren't compatible with the GPZ.

jarrahrules said:
grubstake said:
Wintersnake said:

I reckon it won't be long and the coil builders will bring something out like the super D for the gpx series.

JR
They had better do some R&D then or hope Minelab licence them to use their patented design. Pretty sure I have seen or read somewhere that the Super D configuration won't work on a PI machine possibly due to noise/being unstable? Its the ZVT technology that allows/facilitates the coil to run on the GPZ.

mbasko said:
jarrahrules said:
grubstake said:
Wintersnake said:

JR
They had better do some R&D then or hope Minelab licence them to use their patented design. Pretty sure I have seen or read somewhere that the Super D configuration won't work on a PI machine possibly due to noise/being unstable? Its the ZVT technology that allows/facilitates the coil to run on the GPZ.

Is there an actaul patent on the coil design?

Eg a patent with actaul coil design drawing..

Latest posts