WM12 for GPZ7000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well my WM12 for my GPZ7000 stopped working, would not turn on and seemed to be dead dead dead, so I opened it up put a multimeter on the battery zipo nada nada dead, so I took the battery out of Veronica WM12 and put it in mine and yes it fired up and charged, so I knew it was the battery.

Well you guessed it Minelab don't sell a battery as a spare part, great!!!!! but you can buy a new WM12 for about $350

So a few phone calls and some google searches and I have a new battery from a business in Newcastle for $25 including postage, it's now fitted and it works and it charges. Happy days.

So anyone if you want to know, this is a couple of pictures

Old battery out of WM12
20230426_121544.jpg

The new battery, same fitting, exact same dimensions, plug and play, fantastic
20230426_120223(1).jpg
cheers dave

eBay for between $11 and $15 posted
yes I checked out the ones on ebay, most were posted from CHINA and would take to long to get here so the local one for an extra $10 was the way to go.

I bought it on Friday arvo 21st and if it was paid for before 2:30pm it gets posted the same day and it arrived here today 26th and there was a weekend and ANZAC day in amongst that, so have to be happy with that I reckon.

cheers dave

Replaced mine 2 months ago, came from Sydney to leonora in a week. Did my sp01 battery too as it died and puffed up like a balloon but yeah $11 or $25 still cheaper than a new one

Different plug, I suppose it would be easy to change the plug though.
l got the same battery as you did for my MW12 but my original one was different to yours and only 950 mah

Latest posts