Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PabloP said:
Because they have a patent for a design, does not mean that the design is in production and available for purchase. Yes they will be at some time in the future and I guess with a hefty $$ tag. Likely a smaller one for nooks & cranny working and a larger one for covering a large area more quickly.

Rob.

Yes Rob, But It is the same Manual That is On Minelabs Web Site so I Assume that in the Future they Intend to release the 11" and the 20" Coils At Some Point, It Would be Nice if they Made an elliptical One for getting in between the Rocks ETC, I wonder If the Price will be high, But considering the cost of the detector I would think that they won't be cheap Due To the Massive amount of work that went into the design Of this New Breed Of Coil, It should be Hot property, Aye.
I Posted It Here On the 13th FEB Post Number 526 on page 22, https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8936&p=22

Ridge Runner said:
Heatho said:
I downloaded the manual and there is no mention of other coils in the accessories section, though I read elsewhere there would be 11 inch and 20 inch coils available.

I Posted the Coils sizes here Last week But Someone Said that It was Just Here Say, When In Fact I Down Loaded the Manual From The Patent Office and they are In the Back Of the Manual,

Minelab Would Not Patent Something If It was Not True,

Who said it was just hearsay? Can see nothing below that post only what I posted:
Me said:
The manual that the FCC released may have some aspects that are out of date (not saying the coil info is - just be careful with what is in it).
That info came from Steve Herschbach who had asked that people make sure they were aware that the manual available from the FCC wasn't 100% accurate & was still in draft. Wasn't referring directly to your statement on the coils (as I noted in my reply) but it was a general warning that not all may be fact in that FCC released manual.

In the official, now released & available on Minelab's own website, manual Page 6 has a section on changing coils although no reference is made to alternate coils sizes.
http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/262220/4901-0176-1%20Inst%20Manual%20GPZ%207000%20EN.pdf

On Minelab's news page ( http://www.minelab.com/aus/consumer/knowledge-base/news?article=262435 ) it states:
Minelab said:
While the GPZ 7000 is supplied with the GPZ 14 Super-D coil, large and small accessory coils (purchased separately) will be available at a later date.
Again no mention of sizes, price or when but it is widely thought/accepted these will be 11" & 20" + suitably priced to match the GPZ? We will see soon enough like the rest of the "show" that has gone on :lol:

We have just received a GPZ7000 into stock.
So for now we have 1 for sale.
Cheers.
Lee.
Toys and Things
Piccadilly centre, Wollongong, NSW.

We have just received a Minelab GPZ7000 metal detector into stock.

So for now we have 1 available for sale.

Cheers.
Lee.
Toys and Things

Toysandthings said:
We have just received a Minelab GPZ7000 metal detector into stock.

So for now we have 1 available for sale.

Cheers.
Lee.
Toys and Things

Hi Lee,
As people aren't falling over themselves to buy this off you, I'll give you $5,000 for it and take a chance getting stung :lol:

Picked mine up today and im super excited to use it. It is a very well engineered/designed piece of gear. I can imagine the extra coils will cost well over a grand because they are quite intricate and have plenty going on. Over $10k is a little expensive but a lot has gone into it. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Teemore said:
Not sure about that as an unbiased review ..... "well flogged area", by whom, reads as though it's possibly private property or at a minimum someones know gold bearing patch .....
Just saying ....

'Tis.......
Don't ever doubt George........ He's a straight shooter thru and thru....trust him....
Frank is a well known operator thats been up there 20 years...
You would not get permision to be there unless you knew the 'owner'.....
I think Frank woulda said to George, "OK, try this spot.."
Not too far from camp in my view!!!
If it found gold, trust me, it found gold....in a flogged area....
I think that the review is a good start, but doesn't sway me from my 2300 and the rest of the stable...
Still waiting for this big bit at depth that everything else missed!!

Reeds prospecting attended the APLA meeting in Perth last Wednesday and bought a 7000 along, someone asked about a replacement coil and he quoted $1200..
The machine weighs in at 3 to 3.5 kilos (both weights quoted by reeds) definitely need the bungy cord.

Coota said:
Reeds prospecting attended the APLA meeting in Perth last Wednesday and bought a 7000 along, someone asked about a replacement coil and he quoted $1200..
The machine weighs in at 3 to 3.5 kilos (both weights quoted by reeds) definitely need the bungy cord.

$1200? Not aimed at you coota, but seriously? If coils are anywhere near that I reckon a few might give it the thumbs down. An ounce per coil seems kkinda expensive . Like strapping an spp to the shaft haha. Ah minelab at these prices you'll be profitable again in no time.

Goldtarget said:
Coota said:

$1200? Not aimed at you coota, but seriously? If coils are anywhere near that I reckon a few might give it the thumbs down. An ounce per coil seems kkinda expensive . Like strapping an spp to the shaft haha. Ah minelab at these prices you'll be profitable again in no time.

Why can whites, garrett sell at half the price with similar tech? Well half the price of a new 5K anyway.
IMO I think Minelab priced them self out of the Biggest consumer market in the world years ago.

Redfin said:
jarrahrules said:
Especially from what I hear the 7000 isnt that good.

Links to that report please mate, the more info gathered the better for those that are undecided.

The only reports that I have seen have been good reports (note seen, not heard). Bad reports seem to always be rumors from people who don't actually have a GPZ. I too would like to see a creditable bad report. So Jarrah please provide factual details, not here-say, if you can.

Rob

Hopefully some reports from forum members start coming in soon. I picked mine up yesterday but unfortunately I wont be able to get out for another week.

Getting a bit tired of work getting in the way of my prospecting.

I think the GPZ's short comings are going to based purely on Price. I highly doubt anyone will be saying "my mate's GPZ missed this but my eureka didn't"

BP- if you wait 2 weeks all the gold will be gone!!! Bahahahaha :D

Latest posts