Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mick10,

I'm having the exact same intermittent issue, sent mine into MineLab (11/2015) to have a look at, got it back and still has the same intermittent issue. I noticed it since I did the firmware upgrade. Have you had any luck as to why this is happening.

Mine has done it twice now and had nothing to do with the WM12.
It was doing it with the headphones plugged into the GPZ.

And only a power cycle would correct it.

Hey guys, i had footage of this happening on my 7000 and showed it to the minelab guys when i was in SA. At the time apparently it was the first he'd seen this (though Mick10 and i had discussed this issue and he had mentioned it i believe). Mine was in for a screen repair and as the threshold cutting out seems impossible to replicate on demand the guys said they'd field test the machine before posting it back. It only occurred on one occasion and i haven't used it since its return. I guess we just have to compile evidence and let them know...my advice is next time it happens try to film it on your ph and send it to them. Otherwise machine works fine.

It happened once to me to but it cut out completely and was plugged into the WM12, i just turned it off then back on again and it hasn't happened since.

Most businesses these days will always say as a standard reply "this is the first time we have heard of this" even if its not and they have been aware of it for ages. My 4wd has an occasional hicup with its hill start assist, a feature I could do without, but even though the forums for 4wd,s are awash with hill start complaints guess what I was told when I rang the manufacturers? Minelab does the same, I know for a fact.

Steve Herschbach has reported the following from the GPAA Las Vegas Show:
Gary Schafer of MinelabAmerica announced that technology based on that currently available inthe GPZ 7000 is now in the labs with the addition of ferrous discrimination.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1713-gpz-with-ferrous-discrimination/

Gary Schafer of MinelabAmerica announced that a 19" - 20" coil is officially in the works & they are trying to keep it as close to the weight of the stock 14" x13" coil as is absolutely possible.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1712-19-20-coil-for-gpz-7000/#comment-20266

Was hoping that any discrimination advances would come via software update but doesn't sound like it?

Pity it probably won't be a simple software upgrade. I Knew ML would have to be working on some ways to better the Zed, ferrous discrim would be a great addition for it, especially if it is reliable.

Maybe they'll still use the same casing & allow hardware upgrades for a cost via the Minelab techs. Would be good but probably wishful thinking - the first software update had me convinced any improvements might be passed on, some free & some at a cost.
GPZ7000D?

I wonder if they will bother with further updates for the GPZ 7000.
Im gonna feel like iv been bent over and f..... if they stop any further updates or tweaks in favour of concentrating on and putting all their resources into the new one.

Makes me wonder if research was behind schedule and over budget for Iron Disc and the GPZ 7000 was pushed out sooner without Iron Disc to placate shareholders?

Or did i forget i was still wearing my tinfoil hat?

Interesting?????
Minelab have done "So Well" with Iron Disc on all the other PI's haven't they???? Oh wait for it I can hear the advertising propaganda now " Dig 40% less Junk" or "40% Better Iron ID"
They are a good detector & so were every other model they made at the time, but they have not been able to come up with a reliable Iron Disc since the SD2200d, would you trust this on the GPZ considering the type of Gold it excels at "Ironstone species" come to mind here.

Lee

Lee - ZVT technology is closer to VLF than PI & ferrous discrimination was always a good possibility with it if not just a matter of time. My belief is that any discrimination should be a lot better with ZVT than with the PI's & any interest is in the fact of what ZVT "could" bring to the table over PI's. As with anything detecting related it will be a wait & see game if/when it eventually gets off the lab bench which could be awhile going by the coil/s for the zed.
The Minelab PI's iron disc is reliable on large, close to the surface junk & also small or deep items its reliably unreliable :lol

Shouldn't be discriminating at all.. was just wondering if it had mention about if it could penetrate something like this.
If your regarding to the eureka, I run and flick to disc to see what sort of size the target is but I'd still dig it :)

Bingo - not all trashy areas will hold specimen gold let alone be known areas with ironstone speccis.
As said earlier as too what the capabilities of it will be is a wait & see thing. Could be months or even years away from a salable product or update?

Latest posts