Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run my threshold on 32, runs fairly quiet and sensitivity on 12. Majority of people i see run there threshold around the mid 20s, and i don't use my ferrite it doesn't seem to make a difference, don't know might be my Z but it does cherp/fart for no reason and im far away from any EMI? it pisses me off :mad: . I just installed the update and will give it a go on the weekend.

Yeah, Mine burps and farts as well! I hope this update give us a very smooth threshold? Time will tell :|

Clock function is interesting.
Wonder if we could push Minelab to improve on that for the next update.

But I guess it would depend how much built in memory is available.

Chrish said:
Yeah, Mine burps and farts as well! I hope this update give us a very smooth threshold? Time will tell :|
Don't know, it might do nothing. I just read that Jupiter could be the culprit with the noise pollution? WTF.

I've used the new Software a few times now. Hard to note any major differences as conditions always change as do your settings.

What I have noticed is the unit runs more consistently. Hard to explain but just seems better behaved. Will be spending some more time with it in Vic soon.

found the problem with my gpz7000, artificial knees,unable to use, picks up the new knees,pity as i was keen as mustard,now for sale

Geez that's a bummer Bob.
I have an implant in my left leg from knee to ankle and it picks that up too, so I learnt to
alter my swing.
Machine is definitely smoother after the update.

Probably not the first & definitely won't be the last:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161914382861&alt=web
Please be wary with these "too good to be true" deals.
Alarm bells:
#1 - the low price & bank account only payments
#2- the photo. This picture actually has what appears to be one of the early test machines with a prototype coil attached - note the terracotta colour. More than likely downloaded from Google search. I've seen it before & it's possibly one of Nenads photos or one off Steve H's Detector Prospector forum?
#3 - no mention of serial number
#4 - no mention if it's used or new but would appear to be passing off as new machine/s from the cut n paste spiel. No mention of being a dealer & only authorised dealers could have new, authentic machines for sale.

My guess is they are using it as a scam to get cash with no detector actually for sale or they may be on selling fakes? Either way steer clear in my opinion!

True that mbasko. Cut and paste right down to the 3 year warranty. Nil feedback. Good spot and share fella.
Always ask for the sales receipt and serial number.

It's still there (or back):
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161914382861&alt=web
Item # 161914382861

Worse thing is there are 11 people watching it. Hopefully not to buy :|
I've asked him a heap of questions re: serial number, origin etc. Seller isn't answering - probably hoping someone hits buy it now & just pays up without thinking.

Latest posts