Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe this scammer is selling and relisting, selling and relisting.......
Make as much $$$$ before he gets caught.
I remember a few years ago a woman was doing this on ebay.
Gee, eBay really need to get their act together........ That's all we hear these days is a lot of people losing a lot of money....... Ooouch 8)

Very possible UB. Scammers have been doing it on eBay & Gumtree since polly put the kettle on but unfortunately the too good to be true prices still get people sucked into it.
I notice that the listing says it's used in the condition header but didn't notice that yesterday. Could have changed it? Still no reply to my questions making me believe that they are definitely banking on someone being lured by the low price & just hitting "buy it now" then paying straight away.

Would never buy a new detector from eBay... proper distributors only like Minersden, GoldSearch Australia etc.

Might cost a bit more but atleast there's no worries or headaches.

Worst thing is there are legitimate businesses like Central West Prospecting Supplies & Miners Den on eBay as well as legitimate individuals. The scammers & ratbags make it hard for them too as well as people trying to buy/sell legitimately on the used market.
I like SteelPat's suggestion but even that may be too good for them!

guys i am a little disappointed, i sent them the email about the 7000 and still havent heard back from them, looks i will miss out on a way cheap gpz, lucky i guess i spent my money on a new 4500 from a reputable dealer with a shop front location... :p

Hi all pretty new to this forum i was just wondering if any other gpz users have had a problem with there audio cutting out once changing modes ie general to high yield i have re installed the update as per conversation with minelab but still having the issues cheers mick.

Mick10 said:
Hi all pretty new to this forum i was just wondering if any other gpz users have had a problem with there audio cutting out once changing modes ie general to high yield i have re installed the update as per conversation with minelab but still having the issues cheers mick.

For how long? It does cut out for a second or two, and comes back on.

No the threshold cuts out completely until i turn the machine off and on again. I can still hear the the selection noise as you go through the menu though. It seems to get worse when i have the coil close to the ground or making rapid selection s ie switching between general and high yield trying to pin point a lil nuglet.

Had an interesting problem today.
Was prospecting in a new spot today no diggings but plenty of quartz and foliated rock.

The GPZ started to get the "hee haws" so I went through the ground balance process again but made no difference.

Then the "hee haws" got faster and faster and then silence.!

I tried mucking around with the headphones plugging unplugging ect.
Switched between ground modes still silence.

But I could still hear the menu button sounds as I selected each option.

I had to do a full reset to get sound back.

Any others experienced this?
Or should I be thinking about taking it in to the shop for a look?

I had that once with my CTX, i shut it down and restarted it again and all was fine, it never did it ever again though. I hope it was just a once off for you LC76.

Thanks mbasko .....sounds like the exact same problem.
I guess i'll let it go for now and see if it happens again.

If it does happen again i might try and reinstall the last update (maybe it got corrupted last time).

Latest posts