Milparinka / Tibooburra area NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Billy, thanks for the option, i will try it out tomorrow as it's been a long day and for now i'm over trying to sort it. :(

Can't for the life of me understand (well, that's more obvious than stated lol) why it don't work.

~EDIT~ Doh... tried real quick and the pic i have to use it trims the edge so some of the image is cut.
May need to stuff around with the original and then try again....bleechh.

P.S......aaarrgghhhh, it's official...i'm over it folks, no pics forthcoming from me sorry to say. :mad: :mad:
Mind you, haven't been on the color lately anyway, so y'all aint missing nuthin ha. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cheers
Gypsy

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of doing a trip to Tibooburra in June/July,( I have done a search of forum but not a lot of info on roads) as I have a Commodore with low profile tyres would like some advice on wether the road from Broken Hill is fully sealed or not. Will probably try to go to Camerons Corner if that road is well maintained.

Also according to my map the road to Bourke seems like it is unsealed, anyone know what it is like? as I intend to go on through to Qld.

Any other info would be appreciated

Bob.

Google street view from a road near Tibooburra, I wouldn't be taking a dunny door with rubber band tyers anywhere near it.

8gtrukw.png

All good getting there . The roads are very good even the dirt patches. Biggest hassle will be going out to places but its very doable .. just go easy and pick the well worn spots .
I was there about 5 months ago and it wasnt the remote outback place it once was. If its wet its a whole new ball game. I went there 20years ago in a 2 wheel with out any hassles.

Gaz

The rocks will be murder for your tyres' side walls. Even my 4by bottomed out around 10 times each way. Replaced a windscreen after passing a road train. In town, only saw 3 * 2wds in a week (one was on a recovery vehicle). Probably 50+ 4wds. They have a lot of diesel, but often run dry on petrol. My friends were later isolated by rain for 3 days and drove miles through mud to leave.
Your call.

Hey Max

Everything the others have said, with one very important add on : If you get into any trouble at all, it's friggin expensive to get help!!!! 8) "Friggin Expensive!!!

Your call

Bazz

I cant comment on the trip from Tibbo to Queensland but from Broken Hill up its a piece of piss ! Not sure why the doomsday replies.. fmd ive done worse roads out at Oberon in a 2x2 sedan car . IF it rains the roads are closed for ALL vehicles so you are no worse off.

Gaz

Maxwell, back in 79 I did the trip in a HQ Holden, I swear to you that most of the entire length was dirt but almost as smooth as glass ... now most of the road from Broken Hill is sealed with about 6 sections of dirt, rocks, sand and corrugation ... but ... if your timing is right and you travel within a week or two of the road being graded you might get a reasonable run, otherwise you will be on a trip to hell. Last year when we went up in the 4WD almost lost the fuel tank due to the roughness of the corrugation, we swore to never do that trip again....LOL... little does my wife know but we are going again this year .. too many good memories up there.

You will be alright,just do it..better to ride over the corrigations at 80 km than to shake at 60..We towed a van at 80 no worries..don't go if it has rained..

maxwell4 said:
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of doing a trip to Tibooburra in June/July,( I have done a search of forum but not a lot of info on roads) as I have a Commodore with low profile tyres would like some advice on wether the road from Broken Hill is fully sealed or not. Will probably try to go to Camerons Corner if that road is well maintained.

Also according to my map the road to Bourke seems like it is unsealed, anyone know what it is like? as I intend to go on through to Qld.

Any other info would be appreciated

Bob.
Hi Maxwell, No worries doing the trip, First, Go to the wrecker buy five maybe six standard wheels and tires dont have to be new, drive to condition, the road from bourke to tibooburra 430k dirt always half way rough as can bee, I have never bean threw to queensland from tibooburra i guess it wood be rough,Never bean to broken hill so dont know, If you have a 2300 you will find gold all most every where you go very small but gold is gold, Sorry i cant tell you my hot spots, google earth find the old workings,{ TIP } gold is not always in the gullies, Ron.

Don't forget to post some pics of what is left of your Low Profile Tyres.

Rons got a good idea though , throw some stock tyres on for trip just incase . But the main thing is to drive to the conditions and dont get complacent as u can hit dips and curagated patches .

Another alternative would be to drive to Broken Hill & hire a 4x4 vehicle for the Tibooburra adventure .
That way you could go out on the rough tracks when prospecting .

:)

Latest posts