Metal Detector Hire Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
I think a few go walkabout after being hired ozziii. I was speaking to one hire mob that have had a few go missing after they were supplied with false IDs. I suppose a $500 deposit may sort some of the wheat from the chaff?

Yeah I've read a couple have gone missing but a $500 deposit is a bit much & not everyone can afford that.
Its more than just sorting the wheat from the chaff, more like discriminating against people who would like to hire a detector but don't have that sort of money just lying around.
Its not just low income people that steal & not all people on low incomes do the wrong thing.
I would liked to have hired a SDC or 5000 to try out but being on a pension I can't come up with that much for a bond, doesn't mean I would rip them off though.

But don't they accept a credit card payment rather than cash? I wouldn't want to, and i doubt many others would want to be in a position to have to leave that much cash. I thought you just meant swiping a credit card for $500 and on return it was ripped up. I wasn't having a go at low income people, I'm one myself being a painter, i was pointing out that a deposit would make people who might be inclined to keep walking with the detector to think twice before trying it on.
If you're ever interested in trying out the sdc i'd be happy to spend a day with you and you can use mine. Save you hiring.

I'm not sure what they accept, I just got told when I asked about hiring one that a $500 deposit would need to be paid so I left. That was not long before my brother got the Whites SPP, we just wanted to go out & give it a go before getting the detector our self, but all good now. I knew you weren't having a go at low income people, thats all good.
Thanks for the offer as well, would be interesting to try one out one day but we just mainly wanted to try some detecting before getting the one we did.

No problems mate. But i reckon (somebody here will probably know) you'd find they'd just take a swipe of your credit card when you hire and then rip it up once it's returned though. All good :p

Five hundred bucks wouldnt stop a thief ,,, he would know what its worth and think $500 is a "steal" ;) :lol:

I don't have a problem putting down the money it would come out of the money I have saved for a detector to begin with but would completely understand if they asked for one I would happily take a selfie with the rego plate of my car thanks guys atleast now if they ask I won't be put on the spot like you all said it's the minority not the majority
Loving bjays finds it's got me excited :D

Lilnugget pretty sure when I hired sdc I didn't need deposit but I have hired detectors there before. Good luck and I hope you turn into bignugget soon.

Minersden at Parramatta in Sydney had their whole hire stock wiped out with fake ID and credit cards to a bogus tour group , as such they dont even hire anymore full stop. So as rich as $500 sounds its refundable to honest people and apart from doing it that way it beats non hire like in Sydney.

Gumtree fodder im sure :(

I can probably borrow my mates sdc2300 for a day or two but it doesn't help you heaps. I can show you one though and how to use them if you like for starters or have you had a go already? If my vlf was fixed I'd give you that

Wow that sucks GarryO. Unforntuanately the shit eaters of the world wreak it for all us honest folk in every part of life.

AtomRat said:
I can probably borrow my mates sdc2300 for a day or two but it doesn't help you heaps. I can show you one though and how to use them if you like for starters or have you had a go already? If my vlf was fixed I'd give you that

No mate never have detected if you could that would be great even if your mate could give me a tutorial

Hi lilnugget. I hired a sdc 2300 from Ballarat for $120 bucks for the weekend. Picked up Friday afternoon and dropped of Monday morning. The bloke showed me how to use it. $500 deposit was back in my savings account with 3 business days of dropping detector back. I found for small bits of gold over that weekend with it. It was from the the chain saw shop in Ballarat I think they are called E E day & sons.

1445584893_kennards_metal_detectors.jpg

Appears Kennards are hiring a GPX5000 out of their test and measure branch in Dandenong.

http://www.kennards.com.au/files/KennardsHireTestMeasureCatalogue.pdf

Page 24 of the catalogue is where the pic came from

I wonder if they will get a GPZ7000 also???

1445585001_test_and_measure_contact.jpg

hi all was wondering if there was anywhere between wollongong and nowra that hires out detectors im keen to look for some gold in a spot I think will pay but im not sure I want to shell out for a detector before I have a go.thanks in advance

Latest posts