Is there such thing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Next1m8

Chris
Reaction score
Hi there is there any such thing as a Minelab ft17000 or is it ft16000 and the newer model (still older) xt17000?

If so what are they like I want to get my friend a detector as well

Yep, FT-16000, it was my first detector, no gold but picked up a fish hook barb at 6" on the beach so it packs a punch. I think it was the first of the auto tracking ground balance tingimebob machines

1432811010_image.jpg

There was a 1600-1700 and 1800 . All auto ground balance. They went from one frequency to 3 frequencies on the 1800 with a switch. The 1800 has something like 6-21-60 khz and would be the pick of the bunch. They are hard to find and would sell up to about $500.
Gaz.

Back in my post's I mentioned my GT1600. Modified by Barrie Johnstone and brilliant on a beach.
Punch's deep in beach sand and very quit.
Iron stone in a field is a bit of a pain but you get used to that.
As for coin hunting unreal.

I have a XT17000 and that picks up small shot easily and my missus got a rabbit trap at 18 inches down....we thought it was a monster nuggy.

The guy I'm trying to get it off keeps screwing me around hardcore, I gave my other detector the 5000 to my mate to look at and now his gone off the radar too, tried calling him, been too his house twice. No car no answer

I'm really starting to regret that decision

Edit spelling

Next1m8 said:
The guy I'm trying to get it off keeps screwing me around hardcore, I gave my other detector the 5000 to my mate to look at and now his gone off the radar too, tried calling him, been too his house twice. No car no answer

I'm really starting to regret that decision

Edit spelling

Doesn't sound like a mate to me, seems like you may have been played, hook line & sinker.

Find him to get the detector back and even report issues to the police if that will solve the issue.

Rob.

I've known him for almost 10 years, I've always heard stories about him but as my saying goes believe everything you see and half of what you hear, I know he's wanted a 5000 since they came out but to take mine? Who would be so bad. I'm hoping his just gone away, but to read my messages and not reply, to ignore my calls and hasn't been home pretty much since I gave it too him is a little sad. I'll give him a couple more days..

DWT & A few others on here told me to be not so quick to trust people pretty much and I can't help it, it's just in my nature but if he takes off I'm down $4500 and I can't recover that money that was my savings I've been putting away to get my new 4wd and used 2500 to get the Minelab 5000 and 2000 that was owed to me, only to get screwed over I don't even want to think about that

Bloody what Mate. ???????
You come across to me as a decent hard working person and to have some thing like that done to you is just lower than a snakes bum. :mad:
And that is being polite. :D
Give it a few days and then start with the police.
Then on to here.
Gave me an idea. A stolen Section where we can report stolen items.
Gee there are some aholes around.

Yep, I'm with Tathradj. Call the cops. Given the value of the 5000, they should take it seriously. Even if he comes back and claims no intention to permanently deprive you of the detector, at least you will get it back. Such a mate is no mate at all.

And if he comes home with gold. punch him in the face and take his gold :mad: sounds like this fool is having a big old gold hunting excursion at your expense mate.

Punch him in the face.
Then remind him of what he has lost that is more valuable than any thing.
A friend.
Then tell every one why he has a black eye.
Low Life.

It still hasn't really hit me yet, I feel pretty shite at the moment, and you're right Doug I do work hard and I'm a very very honest person I never would have thought this would happen, I only said to him too look over it for me, I tried to ring him a few hours later, no response went there and he wasn't home, tried again the next morning no reply, didn't answer and wasn't home

His gf has blocked me on fb. I will still give him a couple days before I ring the police..

Things that really hits hard and hurts the most I haven't even had a good chance to use it or anything.. Worst part is all I have is the purchase recipt stating it was singed into my name the original store recipt was in the box so I don't even have the serial number anymore.. I deleted my bloody sms verification that had the serial number on it

I'm really kicking myself

DrDuck said:
Yep, I'm with Tathradj. Call the cops. Given the value of the 5000, they should take it seriously. Even if he comes back and claims no intention to permanently deprive you of the detector, at least you will get it back. Such a mate is no mate at all.

I never seen it coming mate, I guess my judge of character sucks.. I don't see why gold does this to people I just love the dig and always enjoy good company

If he has gone out with it why couldn't he invite me that's what I dont get :(

I wouldn't wait to long to call the cops if i were you. If he was intending to get it back to you he'd be returning your messages i would have thought, and why would his gf be blocking you on fb. The bloke you bought it off may be able to organise to get the original serial number from who he bought it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts