Family friendly fossicking- Yamba to Inverell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a little on who is obsessed with shiny things.

We will be heading from Yamba to Inverell next week and I am looking for family friendly pitstops (rivers, shallow creeks) we can have a play about and fossick in. We have the permit for state forest, but happy to pay to go on private property for somewhere that will be easy with a toddler.

We have a 3 year old, so may need a few pitstops.

I was hoping to go to Ewingar and explore the creek there, but apparently it is still closed. Is there anywhere else like that?

Hoping to go to Billabong Blue for a day too.

Thanks, Billie.

Pick a spot round Glen Innes for a stop it's your first feasible option over the mountains (Aroona Glen and Bullock Mountain Homestead are paid camps where you can also fossick their creeks if you're wanting an overnight spot). Otherwise just have a look at a map at any bridge crossings around GI that look like they have decent creek access and jump in, 90% of the creeks in the region are sapphire bearing, and you'll also find garnet, topaz, zircon, tourmaline and quartz depending on where you are.

Latest posts