Is there such thing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next1m8, you must have the paperwork from the original purchase. Why don't you release the serial no. on the forum which will spread to other forums and you could get the detector thief and detector back.
Jaros :cool:

That's a good idea Jaros. I think now is the time. It's been a while since this bloke has been heard from. Hopefully you might get it back Next1m8.

Agreed fellas. Name and shame. Plaster the serial number and his details all over the internet. I know you want to forget about it. But forget about it after you've put in every effort to recover your detector. Got nothing to lose and possibly regain your detector.

Go all out! If you've got pics of him or his vehicle, make wanted posters. Do everything in your power to not only recover your detector but taint his already questionable reputation.

Yep. Even if it's just the serial number. That way if it pops up and somebody in the know sees it, you could get it back. Other thing I was thinking was if you let Minelab know, they might be able to flag that serial number as stolen in their system. If somebody tried to verify it's genuine. Bang! You could get it back maybe. It's a 5k man! If I lost mine you'd hear me bitching about it from SA over in the GT. It's gotta be worth a try. We can get the word out.

I think it's also important to try and help other innocent people from being ripped off like you were. I think jaros had the right idea. Even if you don't want to name and shame, at least by posting machine serial nos. etc you're helping other people reading this to avoid buying 'stolen' property.

Hay Next1m8,
I might pay to do the rounds of the Pawn brokers like cash converters etc. and see if it has turned up there.
I once had a similar thing happen to me with some band equipment which I found in a pawn brokers, hocked by one of the stoner band members.
He claimed he needed the money and intended to get it back when he had the money.
Threatened him with grievous bodily harm, cops etc. and I got it back.
Worth a try.

Guys the stress is doing my head in I need a break from thinking about it seriously I wish I could drop his name but Doug is right idk what the repercussions could be for slandering

Regardless of weather he did or hearsay didn't do

Agreed. Get it out there. Save the next poor bloke from making an innocent mistake.

PabloP said:
Next1m8 said:
The guy I'm trying to get it off keeps screwing me around hardcore, I gave my other detector the 5000 to my mate to look at and now his gone off the radar too, tried calling him, been too his house twice. No car no answer

I'm really starting to regret that decision

Edit spelling

Doesn't sound like a mate to me, seems like you may have been played, hook line & sinker.

Find him to get the detector back and even report issues to the police if that will solve the issue.

Rob.

I'm starting to wonder if we on the forum are being led up the garden path or being played with a bit, as no reasonable suggestions are being responded to as we would expect. Just wondering......

Rob.

Why would I waist my time in doing that? It's almost as pointless as well I don't know

I clearly don't know the serial number and the fella I bought it off hasn't gotten back to me.. I sincerely do not appreciate your accusation either

Put yourself in my shoes and just imagine the stress that would be on your shoulders and then with almost everything failin come back and tell me how you feel

I'm hoping something not foul is at play and my detector turns up safe and sound along with my mate I'm not overly keen on loosing more people I thought I could trust hence why I haven't put his name up here yet

I understand How you feel mate but I'd be doing something about it. Didnt you say earlier that he had a reputation of being dodgy but you had never seen that side? I still don't understand why you left the detector with him or what was to be gained from that? I think you have more than enough info now to realize you've been played. Start taking action, even though it will probably amount to nothing. You've got more chance now than waiting an extra week be sure you've been scammed when its already apparent.
Just my 2 cents

The police will only act if it is stolen otherwise it is a civil matter and you will have to take him to court. If anyone gets themselves in a similar situation tell the police you saw him take it and left but hasn't returned your calls, then they'll chase him.
Jon

You may have deleted the sms but you can still get the message back. Search online for details. You don't want to overwrite the deleted message. If your messages are stored on sd card remove it from your phone to protect the data.
Jon

It was on my iPhone, I use the word deleted as a way of saying I screwed up my phone.. I did a jail break on it to get free coins on a game and a tweak I put on through cydia caused my phone to continually crash I had to restore it, I assumed my messages where saved on iCloud but that wasn't the case

And that's exactly what the police told me that they will look into finding him but said charges couldn't be laid because all he'd have to do is say he forgot to return it.

Walshie people say shite all the time about people but I take it as a grain of salt until someone does something personally to me.. In his case he's never I mean I lent him cash and not small amounts he's always honoured it and payed me back, he's lent me his older detector that I couldn't even figure out how to use for a week

There is probably good reasons why he's gone awol but for now I really don't know what's going on and the stress is killing me I just want the detector back the way I got it so I can find some gold or anything something

That's why I'm looking at gettin another one, just so I can get these thoughts of my best mate screwing me over out of my head if only momentarily it's the small things that help and when it comes to light what's going on then I can deal with it

Money is money and a machine is a machine but the stress can cause lifetime dramas that's what I don't want not over something that can be replaced

Maybe not easily but soon enough I'll know what to do

Also to those saying I haven't answered questions about the serial number is simple because I can't find it, the box had the receipts and Rob is like old school he's like 50 I doubt he even knows what a mobile phone is, I always contact him through his nephew so it's like trying to skim a boulder in water, sometimes you can and other times it's impossible

m8, i think everybody following this thread is just dumbfounded by what's happened and feels sorry for the predicament you've found yourself in. I for one won't be making anymore comments on this thread because i can see it's heading down a path that might hurt you more. I sincerely hope your luck turns sooner rather than later.

Man how ya guna feel if your dodgy mate who you know is dodgy sells 5000 gets put in for service ML inform you. You got ya 5000 back and some
Honest lad know feels like you do. And out of pocket.I sorta think ya story is a bit dodgy. Ya keep talking about ya trust ya stress and a bit of poor me. Ya taking no advice and setting someone up to buy a stolen 5000. Ya can put his name and vehicle on the forum with a message for him to contact you.

Contact minelab mate, they would have a record of your serial number through your request and their reply to you confirming it's genuine. Also there were a few photos taken of it in your wanted to buy post. There wouldn't just happen to be one with the serial number? As disheartening as it may be don't give up on it yet until you've explored all avenues.
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts