GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortune Seeker said:
Got my hands on one today! They are quite heavy and will most certainly need the bungy. Not looking forward to swinging it in hilly or undulating ground. I hate to think how heavy a 20" or so coils will make it. I'll let you know how it is Monday night once I have mine out in the field.

You might need to counter balance it with a 10oz nugget :lol: :D :lol:

Good luck

Therec will be reviews coming thick and fast hopefully by Tuesday, as some people picked thiers up yesterday. A bloke on the other forum says he got a 3g speci at 20 inches yesterday on flogged ground.

Looking forward to more reports.

Heatho said:
Therec will be reviews coming thick and fast hopefully by Tuesday, as some people picked thiers up yesterday. A bloke on the other forum says he got a 3g speci at 20 inches yesterday on flogged ground.

Could a 5000 with a 14" mono pick up this 3g speci?

Wolfau said:
Heatho said:

It could easilly Wolf, not sure about at that depth though. Really depends on the shape and composition of the Gold at depths like that, 20 inches is pretty deep in mineralised ground for a 3 grammer.

Wolfau said:
Heatho said:
Therec will be reviews coming thick and fast hopefully by Tuesday, as some people picked thiers yesterday. A bloke on the other forum says he got a 3g speci at 20 inches yesterday on flogged ground.

You would think that the 5000 would get a 3g specci at that depth but like Heatho said there are a lot a variables that would affect it.
The GPX's have a well known "hole" on specimen gold & they do miss some - more the finely disseminated or fine prickly type dissemination. I have also personally witnessed a "test" on a small, prickly piece of gold I had. The GMT could see it no problems but neither a GPX4500 or GPX5000 picked it up even right on the coil. Now the test wasn't comprehensive but both GPX's were set up in a way that you would like them to be if looking for small/fine gold. This is by no means suggesting that the GMT is a better detector as the GPX would smash it on nearly every other piece of gold or goldfield circumstance but shows why people keep a GMT in the kit. The GMT definitely won't get anything at 20" either unless its of a huge size. That little piece could also fool the GMT into "grunting" as if it were iron although it was right on the iron/non iron limit - showed me that even a VLF is "dig all" on the goldfields.
In my opinion, & the naysayers will love to differ, the SDC is better again than the GMT on speccis mainly due to it handling hot ground much better as it should. Again though, it would have to be a big bit for the SDC to see at 20" but I have gone deeper for junk "prizes" :lol:
In short I reckon a specci at 20" is pretty good. Even better depending on shape, gold dissemination, ground mineralisation etc. Be interesting to know more of the other factors too.

Heatho said:

Can't find this post...

Fortune Seeker said:
Well if minelab find out who sold that 7000 they will lose their minelab franchise.
He could have been or more than likely would be a product tester? There is at least one bloke on 4umer that is a Minelab product tester but not high profile like JP etc.

Apparently he said Minelab gave him the go ahead to pick it up, by email.He is not a product tester.I think there will be more than a few that got there detectors early. A release date should be a release date. Their was another fellow with the same story,maybe they are registered on the Minelab site.They both seem like great guys and l look forward to their early feedback. :)

We just received our first GPZ7000 into stock.
So for now, Toys and Things have a Minelab GPZ7000 available for sale.

Cheers.
Lee.
In the Piccadilly centre, Wollongong, NSW.

Toysandthings said:
We just received our first GPZ7000 into stock.
So for now, Toys and Things have a Minelab GPZ7000 available for sale.

Cheers.
Lee.
In the Piccadilly centre, Wollongong, NSW.

Hi Lee, Is this for pickup only?

Thanks

As we cant find any courier service that will fully insure it then yes,
it has to be pickup only.

Sad I know, but maximum insurance on all couriers is only $2000,
Aus post has $5000, but think of the difference n someone,
the sender cops the loss.

Cheers.
Lee.
ps. Although, considering the price, I'd consider
delivering it personally within 500km of Wollongong.

Latest posts