GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting documents and content...

So where is pdf-2 8)

Opps meta data has been already tracked. LOL

Thanks a lot Mbasko, as though it wasn't difficult enough to part with my cash for an sdc-2300. :D
Looks promising. Sounds like we'll have a new detector some time within the next few years

Definitely looks like the new model to supercede the GPX-5000. This document has named the new detector the GPZ-7000, obiviously with a wireless link. :)

Makes me wonder why the heck all these documents weren't included under the confidentiality agreement, aside from the mentioned instruction manual.

http://fccid.net/document.php?id=2404747

nuggetino said:
Thanks a lot Mbasko, as though it wasn't difficult enough to part with my cash for an sdc-2300. :D
Looks promising. Sounds like we'll have a new detector some time within the next few years
I don't think it will be that long? The short term confidentiality that covers some of the documents including the users manual says they, the documents, will be available on 28/12/14. Could be a hint for a release - or not?

mbasko said:
nuggetino said:
I don't think it will be that long? The short term confidentiality that covers some of the documents including the users manual says they, the documents, will be available on 28/12/14. Could be a hint for a release - or not?

More bells and whistles and a built in espresso machine, or REAL technology ? :|

I didn't see that page. Possibly!

I'd buy one just so I can say I'm taking the jupiter to jupiter creek.
Seriously, I also hope they come up with something mind blowing this time and not a rehashed 5000 with a few extra timings. The 5000 wasn't enough of an improvement to convince me to upgrade from the 4500.

Scheduled obsolescence. Minelab, like all detector companies, have gone from innovation to pleasing the shareholders, bringing in the bucks $. why the hell can't a group of electronic engineers get together and bring out some REAL technology.? :(

A change of series lettering from GPX to GPZ & numbering from 5000 to 7000 might indicate a substantially upgraded machine that might also be cosmetically different to what we're used to seeing? It'll all just be a guessing game from now until Minelab release something concrete on it.
I reckon it will be a big step up in technology & even bigger in price :lol:
Can't wait but it will definitely be out of my price range in the short term foreseeable future.

Be about time ! X terras are nearly 15 years old, sov. gone, explorer, - gone. gpx old. ho hum. I prefer my - GPZ- 900r- Kawasaki. won't find gold, but who cares ! :p there are better ways to find gold than a detector ! :eek:

Well on ya bike then :lol: If your that down on detecting why even comment.
I would be happy to see something great from any source but as can easily be seen - the competition doesn't put much up either.
They tell me those Rangertell devices work much better at finding gold than a detector. 8) :lol:

Cheers then. minelab products are sooo great. It's your money. all I am saying is all brands, all detectors should be better than they are. obsolete, old technology. if you are happy with the status quo, great. pay the bucks. if we don't demand better products, we don't get them. simple. why do people get aggro when you question something - in general.? atpro leaks, cx3030, excalibur problems, crap pin pointers etc etc. all good. just keep returning them til they are actually fixed, replaced. it should be much better than that.
yes, the Rangertell is reaaalll good. I nearly found Lassiters reef four times already.

The only person getting their knickers in a twist every time a new machine or pricing is discussed is yourself. Can't see any other agro comments here?
Minelab products are good - the runs are on the board but you bag the GPX etc. at every opportunity? Have you ever used one? :rolleyes:

Perhaps the first actual photo of the new machine, showing the Control Box FCC decal placement:
1414108760_gpz7000_control_box_fcc_compliance_decal.jpg
(from FCC compliance doc).

Presumably this is where a battery pack clips into place.

FCC ID: Z4C-1010 is for the CTX 3030.

The photos of the actual new detector with FCC ID Z4C-7000 are under short term confidentiality until 28/12/14.

Appears to be - they wouldn't be able to use the photo's for the new one until STC period passes.

Must be upgraded to run 2.4ghz wireless audio. My 5000 shit a brick when 2.4ghz was happening anywhere near it lol

so it has wireless headphones .......

safe to assume it has more than a fancy new pair of headphones

wish list:

GPS location recorder maybe ?

detection depth to 6 feet ? :p

built in EMI blocker ?

built in auger hidden under the coil like Inspector gadgets arm that digs the 10 kg nugget for you ? maybe not . barstedz

Latest posts