GPZ7000 release, questions and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few blokes were allowed to touch them but couldn't walk out the door.... got to stick with official launch dates

Nuggetbuster said:
mbasko said:
Fortune Seeker said:
10700 is the price there too :/
I think you'll find $10,700 is everyone's price - the only difference will be what "extras" you can procure into the deal.

When I bought the SDC new last July, I was told that the price was $3995 - no discounts.

A week after buying it I heard that another dealer was doing them for $3600 for people who went in I person and asked about the "special price."

Pretty soon, other dealers who said "no discounts" were selling them a bit cheaper than the $3995.

Point is, when the SDC first came out, $3995 was "everyone's price"

We'll see, I guess...

My mail is (but it could be wrong) that dealers won't be budging on pricing unless ok'd by Minelab. "Extras" are all that will differ from shop to shop? Won't bother me - I'll be watching the used market over the year + watching how it pans out from people reporting on their use. I'll still get a bit of a rattle in the jar without one for the time being. :)

loamer said:
Last time I ever saw this much hyped up excitement over anything was in this - and we all know how that went. (Apologies for those too young to remember)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/981/1424411029_leyland_729-620x349.jpg
:lol: Hyped up excitement alright - seen on 4umer:

Re: New Email..2nd Batch of 7000's SOLD OUT!

GPZhunter Yesterday at 1:50 pm

"WOW,
Who would have thought that there are so many who can afford one?
Driving through Maryborough today on the outskirts coming in from Ballarat were two people with a very big sign it read, " GPZ 7000 wanted urgently, cash up to $15,000, instant settlement".
I stopped to ask them if they were geniune in their offer and they assured me they were"

mbasko said:
loamer said:
Last time I ever saw this much hyped up excitement over anything was in this - and we all know how that went. (Apologies for those too young to remember)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/981/1424411029_leyland_729-620x349.jpg
:lol: Hyped up excitement alright - seen on 4umer:

Re: New Email..2nd Batch of 7000's SOLD OUT!

GPZhunter Yesterday at 1:50 pm

"WOW,
Who would have thought that there are so many who can afford one?
Driving through Maryborough today on the outskirts coming in from Ballarat were two people with a very big sign it read, " GPZ 7000 wanted urgently, cash up to $15,000, instant settlement".
I stopped to ask them if they were geniune in their offer and they assured me they were"

Desperados. :D

I'd almost feel edgy walking around in the bush by myself with one at the moment the way people are salivating. I'd want CTX labels for it as a disguise.

I was just thinking the same. I wonder if there will be any stalkers waiting outside the detector shops looking to follow you out bush. Once in the detecting groove a prospector is an easy target. Better sharpen my pick! ;)

Hi loamer
Ive read a heap of your posts on where to find gold and think they are awesome as i am new at this.
I was hoping you could help me out!! After watching the video on the gpz 7000 they say it goes real well in highly mineralised ground and we dont have much of that around creswick.
could you give some recomendations on there we could find tough detecting areas around maryborough or dunolly please?
picking mine up monday!!

Seems it's all about the depth on the gpz, 40% more depth over a 5k conditions dependant.

I'm no expert however I do know the difference between waving your detector over known target in fresh dug soil/air and searching in the bush on compacted ground.
I'll go out on a limb and say most will see a 10-20% depth increase at best while in the field.

Don't get me wrong I'd snap your hand off if offered one at a reasonable price but $11000 is pushing ML out of their Bread & Butter market (guess that's why they pushed out the SDC). Think i'll keep an eye on the US of A market ..............

G0lddigg@ said:
I was told there is no shortage of machines thats why i wasn't ina hurry to sell my kidneys just yet.... maybe a in a month

Haha and a dialysis machine only costs 3 grand.

jezza28 said:
Hi loamer
Ive read a heap of your posts on where to find gold and think they are awesome as i am new at this.
I was hoping you could help me out!! After watching the video on the gpz 7000 they say it goes real well in highly mineralised ground and we dont have much of that around creswick.
could you give some recomendations on there we could find tough detecting areas around maryborough or dunolly please?
picking mine up monday!!
Moliagul? Some tough stuff there by some accounts.

Goldtarget said:
jezza28 said:
Hi loamer
picking mine up monday!!
Moliagul? Some tough stuff there by some accounts.

There are closer spots than this to Creswick ;)

At the show a couple of days ago, the Minelab guy said that there is an order delay, in that the first 2 production runs are already sold out (on pre order)

Someone out there has money to burn........

That comment is subjective, because how big is a production run and over what time?

Got my hands on one today! They are quite heavy and will most certainly need the bungy. Not looking forward to swinging it in hilly or undulating ground. I hate to think how heavy a 20" or so coils will make it. I'll let you know how it is Monday night once I have mine out in the field.

Latest posts