GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See that American Steve has put some settings up on detectorprospector site that I reckon would be good! I done my test with a 4oz piece at1 1/2 ft deep, extra deep worked best! Then I got a small piece and tested it, no difference between hy and ed.
Thanks mbasko

Extra Deep is very good at bits down to half a gram as long as they are solid and lumpy. It struggles on that prickly stuff that HY loves. General is a bit in between and a good compromise if you're in a new area.

I'd probably use General all the time if it wasn't for the fact that in several areas it is always the noisiest of the 3 gold types. In milder areas where I can run HY Normal or Extra Deep Normal, General Normal can struggle.

1447670242_image.jpg

I found this in extra deep /normal/smoothing off.

1449142621_image.jpg

This little bit proved to me that extra deep is....
High yield couldn't see it nor could General . I nearly walked away but checked again with extra deep sure enough a waiver . Only after I'd taken 2 inches off the top would high yield pick it up.
1449143020_image.jpg

The other bigger bit was only a meter away from the smallest.

I'm a new chum myself but have the opinion Its not luck .,just time covering ground ,getting to know the area and whatever machine is in your hands sooner or later something pops up. :D

Latest posts