Hi everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. So this is my first post on this forum, although I have been a member for a little while. I thought I would go on my very first trip before posting anything. Well I got back from an area north of Cue last night after driving back in that storm. It was quite an event and surreal at times. I saw a Road train wreck. Must have been blown over an overpass on the Great Northern Highway. I have recently bought a new GPZ 7000 and I just wanted to go on a kind of trial run just to go through all the motions and play with the settings. Well that Harness takes a little bit of getting used to! And where yo put everything etc? I originally got my miners right in 2003 and then life and work and family etc. all happened and, bam, 20 years later I’m getting around to having a go at swinging a detector! Needless to say I found some shotgun pellets and couple of bullets and some rusty bits of tin, which had my heart racing for a moment or two before the disappointment ha ha. Nonetheless, I had a fantastic time. What an amazing place just to be out in the stillness in the middle of nowhere with all of that natural beauty. Quite a privilege. I learnt a lot. I also learnt that I need to improve my skill set in various areas as well as increasing my strength and fitness. I think I will get back into training over the summer so that I’m ready to tackle all the new projects I have in mind. I took quite a few photographs on my phone and found it hard not to be sidetracked by the landscape and the flowers and birds etc . Anyway I’ll be following the threads and commenting hopefully whenever I get a moment. Thanks for contributing everybody. I have learned a lot from you all so far. Cheers Paul.

Attachments

• IMG_9545.jpeg
    IMG_9545.jpeg
    12.9 MB · Views: 0
Good luck with your Z Paul, they're a great detector and you'll have years of pleasure using it. I got some great advice on settings and tips on using my Z from some of the members and I'm sure you'll find them happy to do the same for you, so don't be afraid to ask. Cheers from Dave 🍺

Good luck with your Z Paul, they're a great detector and you'll have years of pleasure using it. I got some great advice on settings and tips on using my Z from some of the members and I'm sure you'll find them happy to do the same for you, so don't be afraid to ask. Cheers from Dave 🍺
Thanks Dave. I guess I’m fine with the obvious screaming signal near the surface which is why I’m able to find small shotgun pellets and rusty flakes of tin but I don’t really know what I’m supposed to be listening out for with the deeper ones which the Gpz is good for. I believe it’s supposed to be and inverted signal where the tone dips down and then up? I got them on occasion on my trip but seemed to fade out once I dug down. Was that then ground noise? Anyway if there’s a thread I can read I would be interested to read it. Thanks for the encouragement. Cheers. Paul.

Latest posts