GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mickkat12 said:
Prooz said:
Mickkat12 said:
In people's opinion is it better to run the detector with manual groundbalance or auto ?

Now with the new update, I would say auto, but haven't used the detector since updating.

What's the new update ?

The new soft wear that every one is talking about! Check with your dealer or Google it, or open EChange2 connect detector to USB and you should see an update. Google minelab for more details. Cheers.

Prooz said:
Mickkat12 said:
Prooz said:
Mickkat12 said:
In people's opinion is it better to run the detector with manual groundbalance or auto ?

Now with the new update, I would say auto, but haven't used the detector since updating.

What's the new update ?

The new soft wear that every one is talking about! Check with your dealer or Google it, or open EChange2 connect detector to USB and you should see an update. Google minelab for more details. Cheers.

Not as easy as you think I've registered ect and it want let me log in to echsnge2
Keeps telling me to connect to the internet f.m.l any ideas?

Balance over the Ferrite and just go. Machine seems better behaved and more consistent. I've noticed I'm running a higher Sensitivity setting.

i'm finding a massive performance difference b/w difficult and normal ground type. On less than 1gr pieces at depths less than 8inches 'difficult' has all but screened them out compared to clear signals on 'normal'. I'll be doing as i have seen some others and run high yield, normal and lower the sensitivity. As to where i stop with the sensitivity for now i am happy when the machine is no longer warbling over changes in the ground height/edge of holes. When i have to change to difficult i kind of want my partners 5000! Would be interested Nenad in your recent video on vic i couldn't quite make out toward the end what ground type you were using when going over the sensitivity settings etc.? Also have had some good signals from tree roots (sound continues up and down the root) - i've heard the sap can be conductive....

Yeah Normal is a beast as I said in my initial Blog review. I was in Difficult in that Video. I'm starting to develop two go to combos but do still tweak as needed.

1. Hot ground
General, Difficult, High Smoothing, Sens as high as the ground can handle. Will use High Yield if I know the gold is on the smallish side or the ground is shallow. For speaker use, Low Smoothing and preferably Off if emi levels are low.

2. Mild to medium ground
High Yield, Normal, Low Smoothing, Sens as low as it needs to go.

Did alright over the weekend.

1445836858_20151026_095749-1.jpg

I've gone to normal mode and extra deep, the difference is massive. Im finally finding gold so I'm happy i kept it and take back the complaining i did!!!

jezza28 said:
I've gone to normal mode and extra deep, the difference is massive. Im finally finding gold so I'm happy i kept it and take back the complaining i did!!!
Good to see you persevered & it's starting to pay off now. Plenty don't! Hopefully there'll be more out there for ya.

I'm finding that I prefer to hear a bit of warbling
and almost miss it when things are quiet .I reckon it keeps me more alert to what's underground .The targets (I beleive) tend to override the background noise.
0.08 is the smallest I've found in high yeild /normal /14 and I always have smoothing off for every mode so far.

Latest posts