GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this, the father in law found these up in the NT a few months ago while on a road trip visiting his brother.
Dont know settings.
He did tell me the ground was as hard as a rock (in less kind words of course) and knew it was something good when he drove his pick into the ground and it pretty much bounced straight back up i think he said it took around 2 hours to dig the nice yellow one out at around a foot deep.

Warrego NT 36.58g total

One of his first runs with the gpz :)

1451562980_2015-12-31_21.55.52.png

M3

1451789268_gold_2015_minelab_v2.jpg

some results of the GPZ7000 on pilbara gold, these have all been found using the factory default settings with dig holes everywhere surrounding them, initially using the JPs walk and sweep method of ground balancing , currently since the update using the ferrite and associated GB procedure. :D

LC76 said:
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/LDC76/Prospecting/IMAG0286_zpslfjtmbpf.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w499/LDC76/Prospecting/IMAG0290_zpsm5gueybj.jpg

This one was about a foot deep in what resembled concrete.

General Difficult 14..... Lunks Audio settings.... Smoothing low.

I thought it was ground noise and almost moved on, then a little voice told me "if it made me stop, dig it"

Near Notley camp grounds Whipstick

Awesome chunk mate congratulations

LC76 said:
Scribble some lines on a piece of paper with a ballpoint pen(pen represents detector) and you soon realise no place is truly flogged

Yeah ha ha ha last year I had flogged a patch with every coil I had even spent 2 hours on it with the old boys GPZ, then the next time I went out I ended up walking over the patch to get back to ute and walking flat out with coil 4 inches above ground get a nice mellow signal, turn around go back foot down 1/2 ouncer. HOW!

1456781207_image.jpg

I was playing around with the settings last evening getting used to ground noise
In relatively mineralised ground.
18 ,normal,extra deep ,no smoothing.
Then checking in difficult.
I wouldn't have heard it otherwise.

Nicely done dug, that nuggets got an interesting shape about it lol

Keep it up, eve

Latest posts