GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed something over the last few days with the GPZ .
When I have GPS turned on the buttons and menu don't respond as quickly or sometimes a button press gets no response at all.

When I noticed I thought it was playing up and was considering returning it to Miners Den, but when I turn GPS off menu's and button presses returned to normal speed.

Anyone else noticed this?

I don't gps
I want to find someone to compare machines because I seem to feel mines not functioning properly
Any one keen to meet up and compare ?

Mickkat12 said:
I don't gps
I want to find someone to compare machines because I seem to feel mines not functioning properly
Any one keen to meet up and compare ?

Im in Bendigo and would like to do the same,where are you Mickkat12?

Iv been testing out Lunk's Zed Settings here http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/830-lunks-zed-settings/

And had some success.
But in the Whipstick i think i might be running it a little too hot 14/16 Sens/ Difficult/High yield and Lunks audio settings.
Today was a pocket full of rusty bits of iron and some bird shot.

Im still getting a little confused with ground noise and targets and think i might be over thinking it and listening too hard.
The Z for me runs noisy even with smoothing on and clean skidplate.

But i know some spots in the Whipsticks can be very hot so in the morning i might drop sens right down to maybe 3/4 and see if that help clear up the falsing.

Apologies for the rambling ,just thinking out loud. :)

I tried all different settings and get this major blanking on everything ,lead sounds like junk , gold I've bought sounds like junk , I've watched countless videos on it trying to desifer the noises and can't win , I even dig every noise

LC76 said:
Iv been testing out Lunk's Zed Settings here http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/830-lunks-zed-settings/

And had some success.
But in the Whipstick i think i might be running it a little too hot 14/16 Sens/ Difficult/High yield and Lunks audio settings.
Today was a pocket full of rusty bits of iron and some bird shot.

Im still getting a little confused with ground noise and targets and think i might be over thinking it and listening too hard.
The Z for me runs noisy even with smoothing on and clean skidplate.

But i know some spots in the Whipsticks can be very hot so in the morning i might drop sens right down to maybe 3/4 and see if that help clear up the falsing.

Apologies for the rambling ,just thinking out loud. :)

Around the Whipstick, try General, Smoothing Off, Sens 8. That worked for me. Don't worry too much about the signals - any repeatable change in threshold, just dig.

Anyone who may be struggling with the GPZ "warble", don't be afraid to try High Smoothing - just keep your Sensitivity at 14 or higher, and don't be shy with your Volume setting. Just be sure to sweep slow and overlap. No point persisting with a noisy machine if you're just not comfortable with it, some users can tolerate or listen through a wall of chatter, whereas others like things nice and tame.

I generally run with a little bit of chatter. After a while you get to know what the ground sounds like and any signal sticks out like dogs b@lls. Its a repeatable tone from most directions where as the ground chatter will tend to be a little more random.

I have been regularly picking up small stuff in high yield from the mullock heaps (only because I want to make sure I get something) but I am going to try extra deep next time and see how I go.

you got the big one yet Pat?

81838517.jpg

PhaseTech said:
Around the Whipstick, try General, Smoothing Off, Sens 8. That worked for me. Don't worry too much about the signals - any repeatable change in threshold, just dig.

Thanks Nenad that was much better in the same location didnt find any gold,but today was more of try new settings day anyway.

Infact with Lunks audio settings and your recomendation i was able to get away with a sens setting of 12/smoothing low with minor chatter.....8 was too smooth i actually missed having a little chatter.
What i need to do now is take out my 3 gram nugget and bury it deep to test how a deep target sounds.

Hey guys, my ferrite ring has snapped in half...maybe a bit naive but will the core of the ferrite being exposed make any differnce to the ground balance? Happy Xmas to all.

Latest posts