Gold, Gem and Treasure (GG&T) Magazine - Interesting articles & other info

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that beer wont get him knee deep in the sh1t

as for the other thing . . .

but i have heard its very common to carry one

for loosening the tyre bead on your landcruiser '

on another note . 371 ounces yessiree maam !

Its in WA I was under the impression things were different over there beause 'amateurs' were working active mining leases under agreement with lease holders? therefore jackhammers etc were ok? Seen lots of mention of them around the traps...

Has anyone seen the latest edition of the Mag? Interesting article regarding Ultimate settings on GPX5000 for those have one.

Thought it was an advert for whoever does the mods to them, think the article starts off mentioning mods???
And 'ultimate' settings for where .... doubt the same setting would work in vastly differing soil types??
Why do I have to be so skeptical????
Cheers Tom

Teemore said:
Thought it was an advert for whoever does the mods to them, think the article starts off mentioning mods???
And 'ultimate' settings for where .... doubt the same setting would work in vastly differing soil types??
Why do I have to be so skeptical????
Cheers Tom

Hi Tom,

I don't know anything about modifications for detectors. The first time today I really researched this topic, since seeing the article in todays mag.
The guy mentioned in the mag does have some youtube videos.

Id be interested in hearing from any forum members that have done a modification of sorts from this guy or know anything about them.....good or bad.

Cheers

Lambi

OK so as Lara Bingle used to say "where the bloody hell are you" ..... question was raised previously and again today on a FB page ....... seriously, HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN AWARDED A GPX5000 by this mob.

I see by the "aliases" of some who submit articles that they are also members of this forum ..... you blokes got any clues????

Winners PLEASE come out of the woodwork and share your joy ......

If you're associated with the publication PLEASE let us know who has won 1 in the past (there should have been a few awarded over the recent period .....

Next stop Raffles and Bingo Board (or whatever they're called these days .... permit numbers ???? Drawing location???? Prize winners published ??? all these things SHOULD be part of a legit "raffle".

Cheers, just another doubting Thomas,
Tom

OK .... all legit, winner was published 2014 annual.
Peter W. apparently ..... thought there should have been one prior to that but ???
Will just have to wait for the next draw to close later this year.
Doubting no more,
Tom.

Just had one of my fathers friends give me a pile of these books they look like they have some great information in them got a lot of reading to starts from 1990 to 1994 some great finds in them and heaps of useful info about gems gold ext anybody read these before?
1439099955_image.jpg

There should be a bloke on one of the front covers called "Nugget Pearce". He is standing there with a 2 ounce'r.
He is the person that I spent a lot of time prospecting with.
And a very dear respected family friend. :D

Hahaha that's for sure. My box of about 30 mags cost me $40 bucks at a garage sale so I got them to throw in maps as well. I don't like to leave with a loss on my mind. Well worth it though in the end as they have some good info !

Ya don't see those books floating around much AR,..unless someone has passed onto unearthly retirement(and the family doesn't know any better). I only ever gave one book away, it was one that someone bought for me that I had just bought myself,... still took me years to give it away(had to double check and convince myself it was one of two the same). :rolleyes:
You hang on to them D23,... this sort of stuff can be written into the will,...that way they will know to bury it with you who to pass it onto. :lol:

Great books, I read mine over & over just to make sure the info sinks in. For a newbie to prospecting they are a valuable resource.

2016 Annual Yearbook
There is a very interesting article relating to, "The fate of the golden dozen," huge nuggets unearthed in the past decades.
Several unearthed with the detector that stormed the goldfields, the Garrett Deepseeker.
Also the ones unearthed at depth in hard rock mining brings me to a question.
Has anyone, or know anyone who has used Ground Penetrating Radar?

Lord Civil in Sydney sell them, on their website they show pics of what can be seen in the units viewer, not sure how it would go on the gold fields, I'm wondering wether it would show up large rocks say like in a shallow lead, I'm thinking it might be more difficult to manoeuvre around than a detector! 8.(

Latest posts