First Pre-Decimal coin

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1534229865_img_0686.jpg
1534229793_img_0689.jpg
Down the beach again today (it just keeps giving) and found my first pre-decimal a 1960 Florin in rough condition , little bits of sand are fused to the back side of the coin , but Ive finally got the monkey off my back also found
1- $2
1-50c
4-10c
1-5c
1-2c
1-1c

All Ive got to do now is get my photos uploaded, Im doing something wrong obviously but dont know what...

Dave79 said:
:party: Nice way to open your predecimal account! Reckon it might clean up ok with a soak in lemon juice and a rub with bicarb paste.
Got my florin out today after a night in the lemon juice and its good compared to when I found it , still got the green patina but the front is totally legible , any one know where I can get a plastic coin thingy with pockets in it (lol) to put my first buried treasure in..?

Rattail-1927 said:
Dave79 said:
:party: Nice way to open your predecimal account! Reckon it might clean up ok with a soak in lemon juice and a rub with bicarb paste.
Got my florin out today after a night in the lemon juice and its good compared to when I found it , still got the green patina but the front is totally legible , any one know where I can get a plastic coin thingy with pockets in it (lol) to put my first buried treasure in..?

PM me your postal address and Ill send some your way.

Edit.... :rolleyes: .... I have individual pockets, not the book that you may be after

Yep.
Individual pocket... then into a double sided frame so you can see both sides for a gecko ! :Y:
:Y: And good on ya Wally.... 8) wish Id'a kept my first found coin just like that :p

Wally69 said:
Rattail-1927 said:
Dave79 said:

Edit.... :rolleyes: .... I have individual pockets, not the book that you may be after
Thanks for the offer Wally , its ok all I need to know is where I can get some! News agency?

Wrecka67 said:
Nice score , unfortunately your life will no doubt be changed to having an abnormal obsession with finding more Pre-Dec, well thats what happened to me..............

Haha thats it , Im thinking I was lucky to find it, the council here rotary hoes our fresh water beach twice a year, BUT Im addicted now !

Rattail-1927 said:
Wally69 said:
Rattail-1927 said:
Dave79 said:

Thanks for the offer Wally , its ok all I need to know is where I can get some! News agency?
Try your local post office for coin pockets.

Latest posts