Finds from Sapphire bend, Oberon NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brrrr, would have been hard getting up in the morning in those temps. The guys I go digging with are keen as also, so yeah maybe next weekend or 1 after, would be great to catch up sometime.

That's why I gave Sapphire Bend rest for while. Last time we were there it was snowing.
Karl

1405033145_snowing_sb.jpg

Hey Karl,

Tex mentioned it snowed a couple of weeks ago.......better bring 2 bottles of port then.

I loved Sapphire bend and camped there for weeks at the rest area.
Easy digging in a nice forest and plenty of water too.
Just the stones are a little small, but I'm told a good one can turn up.
Great memories.

Hey Dezman,

Great spot.......still waiting for the big one to turn up......Still happy to be getting the little blue ones. We have got a few stones around 2 ct but no bigger.

Local custodian Tex said he pulled a 30 ct stone out some years back!!

Awesome effort,

I went and got nothing - i am just not doing it properly!

: / hopefully i will catch on soon.

Jukey

I haven't been to SB for while because I have been trying my new Whites SPP around Essington.. But interesting thing about SB is that I'm finding very few zircons there. Couple last trips I found none.
Karl

I agree I never find any zircons unless I pan my tailings and then you find little micro zircons........but did find a few this trip......cant wait to get back this weekend, grrr only Monday!

Greg&Nat said:
I agree I never find any zircons unless I pan my tailings and then you find little micro zircons........but did find a few this trip......cant wait to get back this weekend, grrr only Monday!

Yes, I noticed few in your haul. I may go on Saturday, but don't know if to Essington or SB.
Karl

Both, but I found only bit of gold there . My two trips to Native Dog creek did not produce any sapphires. There are not any recent diggings there, I think that most of sapphires found there comes from the creek. Bit too cold for that. I cannot find any recent information about someone getting sapphires from there. But in the past lots of good quality sapphires were found there.
Karl