Finds from Sapphire bend, Oberon NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate i thought id have a crack at gems for a change... stoked to be honest... only ran about 3 buckets..

Ill take a better photo.. its pretty special .perfectly round like a cone. Look like its been polished already . I wish knew what they all were besides the sapphires lol . Sorting through some of the bigger stuff that we grabbed that was still dirty and theres a couple of nice gems there too..ill post more pics later when i get home..

Well done mate looks like you found a nice spot, reds would be zircon.
Saphs can be a range of colours the occasional green at sb and the zircons from a lovely red to a brownish, I have also seen one pinkish purple saph from the area and some really nice clear quarts crystals pop up regularly.
One things for sure is they are awesome gems out there just a bit hard to find the big one.
Cheers

Yeah i spotted two parti saphs in the mix too.. tiny but... saw some lovely local zircon off one of the local old timers.. golf ball size and bigger lol..after he showed us his 1.5 ounce nuggets...wow

Yes i noticed that but i meant a bit more of a point like nsw or a close approx of town..sorry if it came across as a stupid ? :8

1442231660_2015-09-14_21.52.48.jpg

Put a few bigger ones i found in....

Latest posts