Erlistoun Station - Laverton W.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muster is finished for now, next one shortly and Ill update then.

Be aware of cranky camels at the moment, cows with calves plus bulls on heat.
Two prospectors travelling on the Bandya road yesterday had a cranky one attack thier vehicle.

Next muster will be taking place in about a weeks time concentrating around Mistake and Mackenzie Wells, Garden Well mine site and Corner Well.

Please do not take water from Mackenzie or Mistake Well. Seeing as anytime we try and install solar at these two wells some dick sees fit to steal our solar panels, they are wind mills only.
With the wind drought at the moment and the large number of cattle in these areas the mills are seriously struggling and are being pumped daily with a submersible and generator.

Two days in a row Ive pumped nothing...the wind is back! :Y:
Just hope it stays.

Sorry for the late update, planned muster did not go ahead due to chopper maintainance, but will take place next week at this stage.

Weather is horrendous at the moment with strong winds and rain. Please do not drive on station tracks if wet, it just stuffs the tracks and we have to fix them.

An aerial baiting program will start on Erlistoun and the surrounding stations this week. Do NOT bring your pootch. You cannot bring a dog onto a pastoral station without permission anyway plus it's just not worth the risk.

Cheers!

I recon youll recognise this place MT

1528245284_0f8563ab-2349-4a92-a90f-f8ce89c7ba11.jpg

As MT said the tastiest meat you will ever eat.. back strap camel steaks .
1528245351_aed09e2d-cc93-4812-903a-e67e218c0494.jpg

Did a nice camel roast in the slow cooker today mate. Bloody beautiful!!!!

They are driving me nuts at the moment, buggers are everywhere.

madtuna said:
Did a nice camel roast in the slow cooker today mate. Bloody beautiful!!!!

They are driving me nuts at the moment, buggers are everywhere.

you are making my mouth water thinking about it. camel roast is great

Rockhunter62 said:
And when you want to find one to show the girls, they're hiding. :D

Cheers

Doug
Fortunately I popped one on thier last day and as they left camp they came across a mob of about 20

Hi folks, might be a bit early for most but I know some are out here already.

Erlistoun Station will be kicking off thier first muster starting on or about the 16th of February.
It will involve up to 3 helicopters, numerous motorbikes, quads and vehicles resembling stuff off a Mad Max film set.

Please let us know where you are and please abide by any instructions from muster crew if need be. We are also experiencing a large influx of camels due to fires north of the station, so culling is on going from both ground and air.

Cheers,

Steve

Latest posts