Erlistoun Station - Laverton W.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xcvator said:
Don't shoot the dogs, shoot the owners :mad: The dog only goes where it's owner takes it

Please don't get me wrong, we don't go around shooting people pet dogs knowingly. We have to destroy wild dogs. Unfortunately, the only way I can tell by sight the difference from a wild dog and a domestic pet is if has a muzzle.

Even domestic dogs will chase and spook cattle, plus with the amount of baiting it's playing Russian roulette with your dogs life.

I've had to shoot a number of dogs for prospectors now that have taken baits and it is not fun, in fact the hardest bullet I've ever had to fire was into my own dog.

Erlistoun Station has a new phone number 9031 3954. If no one is there to answer please leave a message. The new managers name is Butch Shaw.

Also as of the following Tuesday Aug 1st, an aerial muster will be taking place also utilizing ground crews in 4x4's quads, bikes and numerous other mad max look alike vehicles.
Please, if on the station it is imperative for your safety and ours that we know where you are. These are not tame cows from a petting zoo, they are wild scrub cattle that will kill you.

Also be aware GSDU are active on this and the surrounding station checking miners rights, permits and compliance. Two men, residents from NSW and Tas faced Leonora court today for illegal mining (on an EL without a section 40E permit)

Cheers,

Steve

madtuna said:
Erlistoun Station has a new phone number 9031 3954. If no one is there to answer please leave a message. The new managers name is Butch Shaw.

Also as of the following Tuesday Aug 1st, an aerial muster will be taking place also utilizing ground crews in 4x4's quads, bikes and numerous other mad max look alike vehicles.
Please, if on the station it is imperative for your safety and ours that we know where you are. These are not tame cows from a petting zoo, they are wild scrub cattle that will kill you.

Also be aware GSDU are active on this and the surrounding station checking miners rights, permits and compliance. Two men, residents from NSW and Tas faced Leonora court today for illegal mining (on an EL without a section 40E permit)

Cheers,

Steve

Further details of the WA Police action:
https://thewest.com.au/news/kalgoorlie-miner/two-men-on-illegal-mining-charges-ng-b88548450z

If they were doing the wrong thing, Go for it boy's. ]:D
Honest mistake which I doubt because of the actions against them.
Poor Buggers. :brokenh: :brokenh:
Sends a message, Get it right and do the right thing.
That way there is no problem's. :Y: :Y:

Wish I was there to see it, brings back childhood memories :Y:. Not that we used choppers it was me and my siblings running all day like dogs :lol barefoot and all, bindi eye's you name it we ran flat out through it all day. The funny thing is we were considered more valuable than the dogs to the point we had an endless supply of lollies when we needed a rest :lol: :Y:. I consider myself lucky to have experienced a young life where everyone was counted on at times. Hard to get my kids to pitch in at times but they love my stories I even hear them recount to their mates :Y: sounding like it was them :lol: :lol:.

Have fun MT stay safe one day I'll visit Erlistoun, your stories have sparked my interest :Y: and rekindled childhood memories.

Hi Jon,
don't think so. He's a Kiwi and came to aust in 2014 I think.

For those travelling to Erlistoun Station in the immediate future, a muster will commence as of about 5am tomorrow Saturday 5/5/18.

There will be 3 helicopters plus numerous ground vehicles. Work will commence either side of the Bandya road in the vicinity of Mistake Well, Erlistoun Mine, Bannigo Mine, Mackenzie Well, King john Well and Steer Creek.

If while travelling on the bandya road (or elsewhere) you encounter mustering, please follow the dirrections (if any) of any muster crew. Do not try and drive through cattle or hop out of your vehicle.

Be aware these are wild cattle and quite capable and willing to kill you.

Cheers!

Are you involved with the muster Steve or will you be following the heard to pick up all the nuggets they kick up?

Magilla said:
Are you involved with the muster Steve or will you be following the heard to pick up all the nuggets they kick up?

Usually do a few runs in the choppers scouting for ferals and also for prospectors that might be in the muster path. Occasionally help proccessing but try to make myself scarce in the yards as I don't bounce or bend like I used to and the scars don't heal as quick now.

Helped set up some portable yards this morning then went and caught up with Cairns Pom and his tour group. :Y:
Think about 400 rounded up today.

madtuna said:
Magilla said:

Usually do a few runs in the choppers scouting for ferals and also for prospectors that might be in the muster path. Occasionally help proccessing but try to make myself scarce in the yards as I don't bounce or bend like I used to and the scars don't heal as quick now.

Helped set up some portable yards this morning then went and caught up with Cairns Pom and his tour group. :Y:
Think about 400 rounded up today.

You should sleep well mate.

1st casualty today, one bloke to Laverton hospital after a bull put a horn through his leg

Latest posts